Four*

Harry

I was sitting in the back of the car outside the address Jessi had given me. I'd been here for about fifteen minutes and I was feeling guilty because I'd been Social Media stalking while I waited. It was something I tried hard to avoid, going into a date with preconceived notions of what someone was like just didn't seem like a good plan. I thought it would ease my nerves, but if anything it made things worse. I'd found Lorena on Twitter and Instagram but Jessi's accounts were private. She was in a lot of Lorena's pictures, usually pulling silly faces. There was a video of them singing along to Lady Gaga, which I admit I watched more than once, they looked like they had a great friendship but then I knew that when I realised she'd came to our signing simply to support her friend.

"Should we drive around the block?" Jo interrupted my thoughts. He was getting anxious because we'd been sitting here for about ten minutes. I opened my mouth to agree and then I spotted her across the street, waving to somebody as she exited the building. She looked stunning. She had on a black leather jacket, a black top, black skinny jeans and the most awesome pair of leopard print wedge trainers. Her hair was up in a messy bun but I couldn't take my eyes off her lips, she had on a cherry red lipstick. I licked my lips, my mouth feeling a little dry, as she hurried across the road and pulled open the car door. I gave myself a mental ticking off for not getting out and opening the door for her.

"Hi. Sorry, I'm late. I hope you haven't been waiting long." She fastened her seatbelt, the space between us felt like a chasm. I wanted to be closer to her. Jo drove off as soon as her belt had clicked.

"Not too long. How was your day?" I smiled and forced myself to stop looking at her lips.

"Long," She stretched out her legs in front of her, "how was yours?"

"Same. I took Ed to the airport this morning. He says you've to go visit him if you're ever in London." I was glad he liked her, he was one of my best friends and a good judge of character.

"He's cool. Where are we going?" She smiled as she looked out the window. Her smile was so pretty. It made my heart race.

"It's a surprise." I was feeling pleased with my plan. I thought it was quite romantic and then I noticed her frown slightly, her fingers tugging on the seam of her jeans. "What's wrong?"

"Well... It's just I'm not overly keen on surprises. I like to know what's happening. It makes me feel a little out of control. I get a similar feeling with balloons." She tried to explain, as her fingers moved to brush at some non-existent fluff.

"Balloons?" I struggled to process how they applied to her fear of surprises.

"You're gonna think I'm crazy but you know when people give little kids a balloon, not helium balloons but those stupid air filled ones and you can't relax because you're constantly waiting for it to pop?" She lowered her head. "Sorry, forget I said all that. It's just embarrassing." I reached my hand out and squeezed her thigh.

"Hey. I don't think you're crazy. But nobody will jump out at you or anything. It's a nice surprise. I promise." Now I was nervous she wouldn't like it but I felt her relax. I hated being so nervous around her. It wasn't something I was used to.

"It's the not knowing that makes me feel anxious but I trust you. No balloons?" She laughed as she teased herself and I found myself fixated on her lips again. I really wanted to kiss her.

"No balloons. I promise." I smiled, drawing a cross over my heart.

"We're here, Mr Styles!" Jo said as he stopped the car. I'd told him a million times to call me Harry, but he never did. I jumped out the car and ran around the other side to open Jessi's door, holding out my hand to help her out. She grinned as she took my hand and climbed out, my other hand reaching for the bag of supplies I'd brought with me. Her hand fell from my grasp as she looked around, and it instantly felt cold. I wanted to hold her hand again, but I didn't want to just grab it so I tucked my hand inside my pocket as I watched a smile spread across her face.