Fifty-Four

Jessi

I straddled my paddle board, my legs swinging through the crystal clear water as the sun warmed my tanned skin causing the smell of sunscreen to float in the air. I loved it here; it was so beautiful. As soon as Nat Geo had asked me where I'd wanted to go, Bacuit Bay in El Nido, left my lips. It had been a no brainer, I'd wanted to come here ever since I found out this is where the lagoon was that reminded me of Harry's eyes. My month-long trip had turned into three months. I completed my Nat Geo assignment two months ago, but I was still here. I stood up and paddled back to shore, ready for another day in paradise. The sand made a hissing sound as I dragged my board up the beach towards the house I'd been renting. I carefully cleaned the sand from my board before leaning it against the wall and heading inside. I checked my phone as I grabbed a banana, to stop my stomach rumbling. I had a message from Lori asking me to call her so I opened up Skype.

"Hi!" Her and Niall waved once they answered.

"Hi, I miss you guys." I smiled at how cute they looked together. Niall's hair was no longer dyed blonde. It made him look older.

"When are you coming home?" Lori whined. I shrugged.

"It's so pretty and peaceful here. How is everyone?" I asked.

"Louis is enjoying being a Dad, you should see Freddie now. We haven't seen much of Liam, he's back in London. Gemma has a boyfriend, he seems nice, although she's freaking out about him meeting Harry, who is in France filming right now." Lori said. My heart lurched at the mention of his name.

"And you two? I heard Niall's song on the radio, it's awesome." I smiled, steering the conversation far away from Harry.

"Thanks." Niall blushed.

"We're good. When are you coming home? I miss my Sissy." Lori pouted.

"I don't know. Maybe I'll just stay in paradise forever." I laughed, although I'd been considering it, it was the coward's way of dealing with my problems.

"Not funny. Please come home?" Her eyes filled with tears and I immediately felt bad.

"Aww Lor, don't cry. I was joking." I didn't mean to upset her. "Maybe another week or two?"

"You promise?" Lori pouted.

"I promise." I knew I couldn't hide here forever as much as I'd like to.

"OK. Well we have to go. I'll speak to you soon." 

"OK. Love you guys." I smiled.

"We love you too." They said before hanging up and as soon as they'd gone my phone started to ring again, it was Ed this time.

"Hey Edward!" I smiled as I packed a drink and some snacks in my backpack. 

"Hey Sheerio, just double checking you are coming to my show next week?" His voice sounded light and cheery.

"Uhm. Is that next week?" I asked. I couldn't believe it was August already.

"Don't tell me you're still on that bloody island?" He sighed.

"Yeah but looks like Lori is gonna get me home sooner than she expected." I chuckled.

"Awesome. So you're definitely coming? I thought we could all go out after?" 

"Sounds good. Who's going again?" The only person I knew who was going was Harry, and I didn't even know if he'd be back in time.

"Some of my friends. Jamie and Fred are coming, maybe Harry but he hasn't got back to me yet. You don't mind if he's there, right?" He answered.