Twenty-Five

Jessi

We were on the tour bus from Sydney to Melbourne. We left straight after the show and had an 8 hour journey ahead of us. Nobody seemed tired, they always came off stage buzzing with excitement and it took time for them to adjust to the quiet. Niall and Louis were having a few beers and playing video games. Liam was messing around with music on his laptop, I didn't really understand what he was doing but it looked technical. And I sat in Harry's arms reading his creepy ass horror book along with him or at least I was pretending to. My knee was hurting, jumping around doing dance routines probably wasn't the best idea. I lifted Harry's arms over my head and went to the bathroom to have a look at it.

"You okay? Where you going?" Harry asked.

"Bathroom." I replied.

"Ok. Don't be long. It's getting good." Harry said, nodding towards his book.

"Keep reading. You can catch me up later." I smiled. I walked along the bus and into the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I took off my jeans, well the jeans I'd borrowed from Louis, and my eyes widened at the huge purple bruise covering half my shin. I undid my bandage and saw it had been bleeding a little, probably when Louis kicked me. I tried to redo my bandage but it wouldn't stay on properly. I pulled out my phone to text Harry.

"Can you come to the bathroom? And please don't freak out." About a second later I heard him charging along the bus before banging on the door. I opened it and he almost knocked me over as he pushed inside.

"You probably shouldn't say don't freak out if you don't want me to freak the fuck out," He said with a fear in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I need you to help me." I said sitting down on the toilet seat. His eyes almost popped out his head as he spotted my knee.

"Fucking hell, where did that come from? It must hurt." He said, kneeling down in front of me. I nodded. "Jessi, how long have you been in pain and not told me?"

"Not long after the twitter part of the show. I didn't want to worry you. I can't get my bandage back on." I said, looking at the floor, feeling guilt in the pit of my stomach for not telling him.

"Baby, you should've told me." He placed his fingers on my chin and tilted my head up to look at him, his lips gently kissed mine and I swear my heart fluttered.

"I'm sorry."

"Wait here." He said disappearing and coming back with a first aid kit. " First, Baby, we don't put bloody bandages back on." He mocked me as he placed the blood-stained bandage in the bin. I couldn't help but smile as I watched his large hands be so gentle. He cleaned my knee and put on a new bandage. "Does that feel okay? It's not too tight?"

"It feels good." I watched as his fingers lightly traced over the bruise which made my skin tingle before he tidied away the first aid kit and disappeared again. This time he came back with a glass of water and some painkillers. "Thank you." I said and swallowed the tablets with the water. "I think I might go to bed, I'm a little tired." I confessed.

"Good idea." Harry smiled as he pulled off his t-shirt and handed it over. I changed into it and he disappeared with my clothes. I walked to his bunk and climbed inside, saying goodnight to the guys as I passed. I'd just gotten comfortable when Harry told me to scoot over. I smiled as he climbed in beside me. He pushed his leg under my dodgy knee and the support felt nice.

"Will you listen to something for me?" He asked, and I noticed he had earphones in his hand, he looked nervous.

"Of course," I smiled. Harry placed the ear buds in my ears and pressed play. I could feel his eyes watching me, he was making me nervous. I listened carefully to the pretty melody and then I heard him sing and from that first line I knew I loved it, "If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you." I grinned and kept listening, it was giving me goosebumps. His voice sounded amazing. I could listen to this forever. When I was left with silence, I rolled over to face him.