Fifty

Jessi

I woke up and Harry's arms were no longer wrapped around me. I opened my eyes to find his side of the bed empty. I lept out of bed and rushed into the bathroom, empty. I checked every room in the apartment but nothing. No sign of Harry anywhere. I stood in the middle of the apartment, as Severus eyed me suspiciously, and my heart broke all over again. Of course, Harry wasn't here, he promised he'd be strong enough for the both of us and he hadn't broken a promise he'd made before so why should this one be any different?

I heard a knock at the door and my heart drummed in my chest with excitement. Maybe Harry had come back? Maybe he'd figured out a way for us to be together? I prayed he had as I swung the door open to be greeted with Lori and Niall and my heart sank back into my stomach. It was really over. Fuck! How do I even begin to process that?

"LET ME SEE IT!" Lori's squeal pulled me from my thoughts as she snatched up my hand.

"What are you doing?" I snapped at her and pulled my hand away.

"Huh?" She sighed, glancing from my hand to Niall who just shrugged. I wasn't in the mood for their craziness today.

"Where's Harry?" She commanded, the mention of his name pierced my heart like a cold steel dagger.

"I - uhm - I don't know." The crushing realisation that this is the first time since we'd met that I didn't know the answer to that question had me feeling disorientated, like a bat without radar.

"What do you mean you don't know? What have you done?" She snapped. Why was she mad at me? I didn't understand. My eyes filled with tears.

"Jess, are you okay?" Niall asked as the tears burst their banks, streaming down my cheeks.

"No. Harry and I - we - uhm - we're not - together - anymore." My heart hurt as Lori looked at me like I was the worst person in the world. I felt like the worst person in the world too.

"You broke up with him? You fucking idiot! Come on Niall. Harry will be devastated." I watched on helplessly as Lori's fingers wrapped themselves around Niall's arm and she dragged him along the corridor.

"I'm not exactly doing great myself, Lor!" I yelled after her. I needed her to stay with me, I couldn't lose Lori too, that would be too much. 

"You made the mess! You fucking deal with it!" She yelled. Her words echoed in my ears as the door fell closed and I was all alone, even Severus was avoiding me.

I gasped for air as I felt like the walls were closing in around me. I had to get out of here so I quickly got dressed, packed some clothes and bundled Severus into his pet carrier before heading to the last safe place I had.

-----

My knuckles rattled against the blue door, my foot tapping on the floor as I impatiently waited for Danny to answer.

"Hi Jess!" Danny smiled as he grabbed my hand and then gave me a weird look. "Are you okay? Where's Rockstar?" I couldn't even get out an answer before my knees gave out, and I fell to the ground in a sobbing mess. "Hey it's okay, Angel. Everything will be okay." He picked me up and carried me inside before he placed me down on the sofa and covered me with a fluffy blue blanket that my Mum had bought him. "I'll be in the kitchen when you're ready to talk. We can fix whatever it is. Trust me." I cuddled the blanket close to me, I wasn't cold, but it helped me feel safe. Comforted.

-----

Harry

The sound of my phone ringing pulled me from the silence of the hotel room. I had no idea how long I'd been sitting here. I don't even remember getting out of the hotel room bed. Maybe I hadn't been to bed? The last thing I remember is climbing out of mine and Jessi's bed while she slept. She looked more beautiful than I'd ever seen her and if I didn't know better, I'd swear she was doing it on purpose to make leaving her even harder. I glanced at my phone and sighed when I saw Danny's name, had Jess told him yet?