Thirty-Four

Jessi

"Styles? H? Harry?" I yelled out into the apartment but got no answer. I frowned. I'd become used to him being here when I got home from work. I dropped my bag at the front door and headed toward the sitting area, a smile creeping over my face as I could still smell his cologne lingering in the air. I walked to the wardrobe and hung up my jacket, my eyes fixing on one of Harry's t-shirts that hung over the side of the washing basket. I enjoyed having him here.

"Aw, shit! I'm late!" I almost let out a cheer as I heard his voice when he unlocked the door.

"Harry!" I exclaimed and rushed to the front door, skidding to a halt as I realised he was hiding something behind his back. "What you got there?"

"Your final Birthday present." He grinned. "He was only just able to leave his Mum today."

"Harry!" I smacked his arm. "You already got me way more than enough presents... hold on did you say he?"

"Jessi meet your new kitten." Harry grinned, holding out a pet carrier. I peered inside and let out a huge "Aaw", he was gorgeous. His shiny black coat looked perfect against his green eyes. He peered out at me curiously.

"Can I take him out?" I said excitedly.

"Of course. He's yours." Harry grinned, I opened the door and patiently waited for him to walk towards me. I scooped him up and smiled wildly as he purred and snuggled into my arms. I walked over to the bed and plopped my black fur ball down, climbing up to the top.

"Come on, buddy!" I patted the bed, giggling as he clumsily padded up the bed towards me.

"You know, he still needs a name?" Harry grinned as he sat down on the bed beside me.

"Can we name him Severus?" I grinned, as his claws tangled in my ripped jeans. "He's so cute!"

"Of course, we can. I figured Severus could keep you company when I'm not here." Harry scooped him up, and it was honestly the sweetest thing I'd ever seen.

"He's perfect. Thank you so much." I cuddled up beside Harry and tickled Severus' tummy.

"Well, I picked the right one then, perfection deserves perfection." Harry kissed my cheek.

"You're so cheesy!" I groaned. "But I love you!" I cut him off before he could say it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket as it started constantly buzzing. Harry had a smirk on his face as I checked to see what all the fuss was about. Apparently Harry had posted a photo to Instagram, I opened it up and smiled. It was a picture of me and Severus that he must've snuck while I hugged him earlier. He'd captioned it Kitty cuddles. I couldn't help but notice I always seemed to look prettier in the photos Harry took of me. I read some comments. Most people wanted to know if he was Harry's. Some asked his name, and a few were asking about me. Were we dating? Were we friends? Somebody even said the apartment looked cute.

"You okay?" Harry smiled at me.

"Yeah." I smiled, continuing to read the comments until the first nasty one appeared.

-Why the fuck is he with her?

-I know right? he could do so much better.

-She's ugly!

-No, she is pretty!

-He could find somebody hotter.

I flung the phone down on the bed, making Severus jump. "Sorry, buddy!" I smiled down at him as he curled up between me and Harry.

"Jess, what happened?" Harry asked, holding me tight.

"Just people being nasty, it's alright." I shrugged. I tried not to let it bother me.