Thirty-Eight

Jessi

"Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in you, in both of you." Danny paced the floor in front of me and Harry. We'd already had a lecture from Helen, I don't even know how she found out, but Danny's was by far the worst. My heart sank at the thought I'd disappointed him.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled, I could feel the tears building in my eyes.

"Hey, no - don't. This is all my fault." Harry sighed and squeezed my hand in his. "You should be disappointed but not in Jess, I shouldn't have done that. Sometimes when I'm with her, I forget what I am, she makes me feel normal, like I'm just me but that's not an excuse it was reckless, rude and disrespectful to both you and Jess. I'm sorry and it'll never happen again." His head dropped to the floor and his shoulders slouched forward. I'd never seen him look so downhearted before and my instinct was to just wrap myself around him and hold him tight but Danny moved first.

"Look Harry, I didn't intend to make you feel like shit, just be careful yeah?" Danny placed his hand on Harry's shoulder. "Both of you." He placed his other hand on my shoulder and the gentle squeeze he gave it was comforting.

"Come on, everyone's waiting on you guys!" Lori said as she burst into the room.

"You too, Dan! Come party with us." Niall appeared behind her and pulled Danny along with them.

"You okay?" I asked Harry as he stood up. He shrugged his shoulders, "it is what it is."

"Do you want to go home? We don't have to go to the party." I honestly didn't care about going out, I just wanted him to stop feeling guilty.

"No. I wanna. Let's go have fun, I can't wait to spin you around in this dress." He spun me into his arms and I burst into giggles. "You mean the world to me." He said as he walked us out of the room.

"Same, Sweetie." I smiled as I gripped onto his arms which were still holding me tight.

-----

Harry

My eyes were glued to Jessi as her and Danny danced to Sweet Child O'Mine. She looked so happy as they both danced like nobody was watching, while belting out the lyrics to each other. I couldn't stop the laugh that burst from my mouth as they both broke out their air guitars during the Slash solo. She was definitely her Father's daughter, even if Danny wasn't technically her Father.

"She seems nice." The unmistakable voice of Simon Cowell said beside me. "Wild but charming." He grinned as I turned to face him, my eyes flicking back to Jess as I thought about his words. They reminded me of a wild flower I'd seen while hiking the other day. An Oakland Mariposa Lily so the older lady I befriended on my hike told me, it had made me think of Jessi. It was bold and striking at the same time as being subtle and uncomplicated and it had this centre which was the most wonderful shades of purple but so fragile. My girlfriend could definitely be compared to that specific wildflower.

"Earth to Harry!" Simon waved his hand in front of my eyes.

"Uh. Yeah. She's nice. Yeah?" I replied making myself look away from Jess.

"Yeah." Simon laughed. "I'll let you get back to your staring." He continued to laugh as he walked away.

"Oh. I love this one!" I heard Jessi yell excitedly and Lori rushed over to dance with her, "me too!" She screamed.

"This song is fun." Danny smiled as he joined me at the bar. It was a country song and I don't think I'd heard it before. I concentrated on the lyrics and let out a chuckle when she sang "If you save yourself for marriage you're a bore, If you don't save yourself for marriage you're a whor-ibble person."