Sixty-Five

Harry

It was Saturday already, the past few days had just flown by and I'd be lying if I said they weren't some of the best days I'd had in a while. Jess had went shopping with my Mum and some of her friends this morning and they weren't back yet so me and Robin had started on dinner.

"Harry, I need to tell you something." Robin suddenly piped up.

"If it's about me and Jess, then don't worry we're not sleeping together, well we are sleeping together but we're not - you know." I confessed.

"No, it's not about Jessi, although it sounds like you could use my help there." He chuckled.

"Yeah, I don't really know what's going on with us lately. I think she might be getting used to life without me... anyway, what were you going to say?" I asked. 

"Okay, we are definitely putting a pin in this Jessi conversation because that is nonsense." He pulled me over and sat me down on the chairs at the breakfast bar. "Harry, I want to stop the chemo, all it's doing is making me ill and I'm sick of it."

"Oh." Was all that I managed to say.

"Well, that was a lot calmer than how your Mum took it." He smiled. I didn't know how he was still smiling, most of the time I just felt angry that this was happening.

"So it's not helping at all?" I asked, the Doctor's said it would give him more time.

"It might get me an extra few weeks, maybe a month but honestly what's the point if I'm going to be too ill to do anything. I want to enjoy whatever time I have left, Harry. I don't want to spend it exhausted and throwing up all the time." He sighed.

"Well, that sounds fair." I forced myself to smile even though it was the last thing I felt like. Before we could talk anymore, we heard the door, and I felt guilty at the feeling of relief that washed over me.

"I love your hair like this. So pretty." I recognised my Mum's voice and walked to greet them.

"I agree and you look lovely too, Mum." I smiled at them both. They'd both had their hair and nails done and they were carrying at least three shopping bags each.

"Thanks Harry, what do you think of Jessi's nails?" My Mum replied.

"Very pretty." I smiled at my Mum's less than subtle attempt at getting me to compliment Jess.

"Well, aren't you two a sight for sore eyes?" Robin grinned appearing beside me. Him and my Mum soon disappeared into the Kitchen.

"I think I'll put these upstairs." Jessi grinned.

"Hey, hold on, what you got there?" I asked, spotting the Gucci bag.

"Oh. It's just a dress. Something for work." She shrugged. Heading for the stairs.

"Can I see?" I smiled, following behind her.

"I guess. If you want?" She shrugged, walking into the bedroom. "Hey!" She whined as I stole the shopping bags from her. She threw herself down on the bed and started texting on her phone as I scanned the dress, it was pretty, she'd look amazing in it. I cheekily nosed through the other bags, jeans, a few t-shirts and then my hands came across a smaller bag inside one of the others, my fingers reached inside and I let out a chuckle as I pulled a bright pink vibrator from the bag.

"Jessi, are you horny?" I grinned as she paused her texting.

"Excuse me?" Her head snapped towards me and a blush crept over her cheeks as she spotted what I was holding. "Nosey little shit, aren't you? It's not for me. It's the joke part of my present for Savannah's Hen night."