Seventeen

A/N - Trying out a new editing method so hopefully there will be less punctuation and grammar errors.

Harry

I was standing at the top of the Empire State Building, taking a picture of Niall and Lori with Jessi's camera, I could feel Jessi watching me and I wanted to impress her with my limited photography skills but I knew she could take the photo better than I could. I looked over at her smiling face, her big brown eyes locked on me.

"What? Tell me what I'm doing wrong?" I pouted. Niall and Lori were getting impatient.

"I can't see what you're doing. Why do you think I'm judging you? I'm not," She shrugged and held up her hands in surrender.

"Harry, just take the picture." Niall groaned. There were just the four of us here, Lori had got them to let us in an hour before they opened, probably with some help from management, none the less I appreciated the privacy. I glanced over at Jessi one last time before I took the picture, the encouraging smile on her face making my heart race. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her as she looked out over the view. It really was amazing. Nothing like where I came from, it seemed like an easy place to disappear, to become invisible. Sometimes I wished to be anonymous. 

"I like how pretty everything looks from up here. It's like New York has put on its best dress and is showing off to the world. But scratch the surface and it's not so different from everywhere else." She pulled my hands into her pockets, they were nice and toastie, she had hand warmers in there and my hands were freezing.

"It's kind of like being famous, everyone sees this perfect image of you, all the time, but really you're just like everyone else, just as flawed." I wiggled my fingers, they were warming up, nicely.

"Sometimes, flaws make something beautiful." She put her hands in her pockets, interlocking her fingers with mine. I liked that thought although I failed to see a single flaw with the woman in my arms. "You're so beautiful," I kissed her cheek which was all chilly from the cold.

"Beautifully flawed," Her soft chuckle sounded like birdsong and it made me smile even although I wanted to correct her about being flawed. She was perfect.

"Do you want me to take a picture of you two?" Lori smiled. "You look so sweet together."

"Yeah." I smiled, spinning us around and handing Lori the camera. She took a few photos and then handed Jess back the camera. I heard my phone ring in my pocket and smiled when I saw Nick's name on my screen.

"Morning Nicholas" I smirked as I answered the phone, Jess snapping pictures beside me.

"It's afternoon here, you in Lala land?" Nick's happy mood was obvious.

"New York, New York."

"So good they named it twice!" My friend finished the phrase which made me grin. "What are you doing in New York?" I felt Jessi pat my bum as she moved around me to take more photos which made me want to say her name as my answer to Nick's question.

"Sightseeing," I replied instead.

"By yourself?" I could see his questioning look in my mind. "No. I'm with Jessi, Niall and Niall's girlfriend, Lorena," I waited to see what he'd do with that information.

"Oh, Jessi. The girl your Mum's been telling me about?" He exclaimed. "Let me speak to her."

"Nope. And stop speaking to my Mum!" I pouted.

"Please. I won't tell her what a giant idiot you are, I promise." He chuckled.

"Baby, say hi to Nick!" I blurted out, and I just knew Nick would not let the pet name slide.