Seventy-Four

Jessi

"Wow! It looks fantastic!" Anne smiled as I showed her around the nursery. "You've done an amazing job, Jessi." Her fingers brushed over the soft pink blanket that hung on the edge of the crib, Harry's fingers always made a beeline for that particular blanket too.

"Harry helped. Couldn't have done it without him." I grinned. "Oh, you should see his old cradle. He's done such a good job with it, come see?" I wrapped my hand around her wrist and pulled her out of the nursery, quickly covering the short distance to our bedroom. "You'd never know it used to be walnut."

"Slow down, Jess. It's not going anywhere." Anne chuckled.

"Baby? Whe - Mum?" Harry paused in his fluffy bathrobe but Anne wasn't paying him any attention. Her eyes had zoned in on the cradle. "Oh shit! You did this Harry?" Her voice wobbled, and I wrapped my arms around her.

"Yeah. Don't you like it?" Harry climbed over the bed towards us rather than walk around it.

"I love it, Harry. You did a fantastic job. I can't believe this is that pile of wood I gave you? I remember rocking you and Gemma to sleep in this." He wrapped us both in a hug as Anne quietly sobbed. I squeezed her tight. I felt a lot more relaxed now we had everything ready. The Nursery was finished and my hospital bag was packed. Apparently, Robin could make her appearance any day now but her official due date wasn't for a few weeks, the 29th of January. 

"I can't wait to rock Robi to sleep in it." Harry said, his voice ruffling my hair.

"I can't wait to see that. I love you guys so much." Anne replied and now I had tears rolling down my cheeks too. The image of Harry rocking our baby girl to sleep in the cradle that used to belong to him and Gemma was too perfect. He'd been great these past few weeks, picking up the slack when I physically couldn't do anymore. He'd taken care of Christmas dinner almost entirely on his own and made sure everyone had a good time. He went to the shops to find me Nursing Pads when my boobs started leaking which caused me to have a complete emotional breakdown because it ruined my favourite maternity shirt. 

"Is Danny going to the Gym later?" Harry asked once we'd managed to control our tears.

"Yeah. He said he'd come get you when he's heading." He was staying with Anne for a few weeks since our guest rooms were still a work in progress. I think she was enjoying having the company. 

"Awesome. When are you guys heading? Do you know when you'll be back?" Harry asked, his hand resting on my lower back. We were meeting up with Gem and Lori for a spa day in Manchester. A Mani-Pedi and a massage were just what the Doctor ordered. 

"We are heading now and never you mind, we'll be back when we're back." Anne teased but I could tell Harry was anxious. His fingers ran over his rings as he bit the inside of his cheek.  

"Hey, don't worry. I'll be fine." I wrapped my hand around his and he pulled me closer, the side of my body pressed up against his front.

"I know but what if something happens? The baby could come anytime now, you'll be a whole hour away from me. What if I can't get there? What if you fall or somebody bumps into you or -"

"Hey, hey, hey!" I slid my hand out of his to cup his cheeks and tilt his head down to look at me. "I'll be okay and if anything happens then your Mum, Gem and Lori will be there. They'll get me to the hospital, we'll meet you there." I pulled his head down and kissed the tip of his nose which made him smile.

"I know I'm over-reacting but this is the furthest away from me you've been in ages, I like having you and Robi close." He wrapped his arms around me and squeezed me as tightly as he could.