Forty

Harry

An hour later and Jessi was still ignoring my calls and texts. I wanted to call Lori and find out if she knew where Jess was but quite frankly I didn't want a bollocking for being an idiot and making her friend wander around London by herself, probably upset. I felt like a massive arsehole already. I rushed towards the front door when I heard the key in the lock, sliding to a halt in front of her.

"Hi!" She said quietly, her features schooled in a blank expression.

"I missed you." I finally said the words I should have said an hour earlier.

"I went for lunch with Matt." She side stepped around me and went to toe off her shoes but then seemed to change her mind.

"Jessi? Can we talk? I'm sorry, okay?" I reached for her hand but she pulled it away from me and honestly, that hurt like hell. Like somebody had jabbed my heart with a hot poker.

"No Harry, it's not okay. What you said was bullshit and completely uncalled for. I don't give a shit about money and I certainly don't want you for your fame and I don't understand what I've done to make you think otherwise. So if that's what you really think of me then I think I should just go, now." She finally paused long enough to let me get a word in.

"I don't want that!" The words shot from my mouth like a rocket, her leaving was not in my plans. "I don't know what came over me, I know that's not why you're with me. I just -" I paused unsure of what to say because I really had no excuse. "It's happened to me before and I missed you and I get a little crazy when I miss you and then your friend asked for those tickets and I'm sorry." I rambled, my fingers fidgeting with my rings because all they wanted to do was hold Jess.

"What tickets? Who asked you for tickets, Harry?" I could feel the anger radiating off her body.

"Tom sent me a text, he wants me to get you guys Stones tickets, he said you told him I'd get them for him-"

"He fucking what? I swear I'm gonna - urgh!" She yelled in frustration. "I'm so sorry he did that, Harry. I told him no such thing. I haven't even spoken to him since my Birthday party."

"I'm really sorry, Jessi. I shouldn't have let him get in my head. Please, don't leave me?" I begged. My hand reached out for her, my fingers gently tracing down her arm until my fingers wrapped around hers. I didn't realise I was holding my breath until she squeezed my fingers and I felt a sudden rush of air fill my lungs.

"I'm not going anywhere, H. I'm sorry I ran off earlier but what you said really upset me, I felt like you'd been questioning my motives this entire time, like you didn't trust me. And I'm not trying to make you feel bad but I feel like you need to know-"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I pulled her into a hug, determined to repeat those words until she believed me but she cut me off by pulling me down into a kiss. It was soft and slow and full of love and finally I felt like I was home. 

"Do you want to go see the Stones?" I asked once we eventually came up for air. My fingers were digging into her soft skin beneath her cropped t-shirt but I didn't want to let her go. I needed her close to me. I'd missed this so much while I'd been gone, the way her skin felt against mine, the way her body moulded itself against mine, her head resting against my chest as if it was designed to fit exactly there. The smell of her perfume, mixed with the coconut body wash she loved. The taste of her tongue which was so uniquely her. I'd missed it all.

"I'm going with Danny, he got me tickets for Christmas and don't you dare give that little shit anything. I'm gonna kill him but first, I want a proper welcome home." She looked up at me with hungry eyes and I crashed my lips onto hers only pulling away when a moan left her lips.