Sixteen

JESSI

I peeled my eyes open. I could hear banging and my head ached with every thunderous boom. I sighed as I felt Harry's arms disappear from around my body. My eyes followed him as he walked from the bedroom towards the noise. The next thing I heard was Paul yelling.

"Come on guys! We need to leave in fifteen minutes!"

Harry appeared back in the doorway. I tried to get up off the bed and immediately felt like I was going to puke.

"You okay?" Harry's eyes studied me carefully. I winced as I moved my head. Immense gratitude filled my body as I realised all my stuff was already packed and sitting beside Harry's bag which was also packed. Harry must have packed them at some point last night.

"Every time I move I feel like I'm going to throw up" My voice sounded hoarse.

"You only need to make it downstairs to the tour bus and then you can sleep, okay?" He half smiled, I could tell he was concerned but at the same time he was amused by my self inflicted suffering.

"Can you bring me my hairbrush?" I perched on the edge of the bed. A few seconds later and he was back with my toiletry bag. He pulled out some facial wipes and cleaned off last night's makeup and then he climbed onto the bed behind me and brushed my hair before putting it into two french braids. I was impressed. I was terrible at french braids. He switched out my heels for my converse trainers and put them on for me. I appreciated him so much in this moment, Lori would either be taunting me or in a worse state than I was.

"Thank you. I love you so much" I hugged him tight.

"You're welcome. I love you too" He grinned and got himself ready. Once he was dressed he packed away everything that was left and then disappeared and reappeared with a bottle of water. I took the water but couldn't face drinking it. I was worried anything I forced down my throat would immediately reappear again. Harry picked up my backpack and put it on before grabbing both our bags in one hand and holding out his other hand for me to take. I stood up and my head felt like it was going to explode but I felt terrible that he was carrying everything.

"I can take one of those" I reached my free hand out towards him.

"It's fine" He smiled as he took my hand in his and walked out the door. "I've got it"

"Morning Jessi!" The guys yelled as I got on the bus. They laughed when I flinched at the volume of their voices.

"How you feeling?" Niall asked.

"I think I'm dead" I replied and they laughed some more. Harry pulled me away from everyone and through a door to where the bunks were.

"This one's mine" He pulled open the curtain. I climbed inside and was surprised it was a lot more comfortable than it looked, plus there was the added bonus that it smelled like him. I always slept better surrounded by his scent. I couldn't help but smile as I spotted two photos stuck to the roof. There was one of Gemma and Anne and the other was the photo of us watching the sunset. "Just shout if you need anything" Harry bent down and kissed my forehead.

"Stay with me" I pleaded and grabbed a hold of his leg. I didn't want to be on my own.

"Scoot over then" Harry smiled. I made space for him and he climbed in beside me, without even a moments hesitation or annoyance that I had interrupted whatever his plans were. We wrapped our arms around each other and fit surprisingly well into the cramped space. I'd normally prefer to be on the opposite side with easy access to the exit but laying there with Harry it didn't matter, I knew I'd be okay. I loved how safe he could make me feel just by being near me.