Seventy-Three

A/N - Late update part two!

Harry

I drove along the quiet roads of Holmes Chapel and I had to admit coming home here gave me a nice warm feeling inside. I was even enjoying the drive from the airport, if I was in London I'd have probably had a car pick me up. I was also excited to surprise Jess, she didn't think I'd be back until morning. I'd missed her so fucking much even although it had only been two weeks. She'd stopped working but my Mum told me she was exactly sitting around relaxing. She'd had people in to remove the wall which separated one half of the house from the other as the house had originally been three separate houses. I just hoped she wasn't doing too much. 

The first thing I noticed when I pulled into the driveway was the massive skip. This woman will be the death of me, I swear it. I drove in as quietly as I could and carefully opened and closed the car door before doing the same with the boot so I could grab my holdall. My body tingled with nervous energy as I made my way to the front door, the light on the small porch flicked on and I froze to make sure she hadn't spotted it and slowly slid the key into the lock. The hallway light was on which helped as I made my way along the hallway. It looked completely different in here, Jess had already stripped the walls and painted them in a basecoat. All the furniture was gone. I peeked into the Dining Room to find it full of decorating stuff. She was supposed to wait for me to help her. I crept into the Living Room and noticed she'd had the fireplace removed and replaced with the white vintage style one we'd picked out, with its built in wood burner. I turned to the right to see Jess perched on a stool next to an almost fully decorated Christmas Tree. Even with her bump it completely swamped her.

"I wanted to finish it before you got back." Her voice made me jump even although it was perfectly quiet. She wobbled on the stool and my feet swallowed the distance between us, my hands gripping her hips to keep her steady.

"I got an earlier flight. I wanted to surprise you." I gripped her hips tighter as she leaned forward and I noticed the angel ornament she had in her hand.

"I noticed. Saw you creeping around the driveway. Not easy to get in without somebody noticing, which is good." She giggled.

"Baby, why don't you let me get that?" I asked as I tried to make sure she didn't fall.

"I got it!" She grunted as she stretched on her tip toes, my heart jumped into my mouth as she wobbled. "There!" She sounded so happy and I sighed in relief as she relaxed on the stool, I scooped her up and carefully placed her on the floor.

"I like it!" I smiled as we peered up at the Angel now perched on top of our Christmas tree.

"Thank you. It was my Mum's favourite ornament. Do you want to switch on the lights?" She smiled, wrapping her arms around me as best she could with an eight-month bump in the way.

"I'd be honoured." I smiled, spinning her around and snaking my arms around Jess and the bump, her body relaxing into mine. I flicked the switch and watched as the white lights twinkled against the white and silver ornaments, some of them looked very fragile. "It's looks amazing Jess."

"How was your flight? How was Tokyo and New Zealand? I want to hear everything. Which crowd was loudest? I wish we could have came." She sighed.

"I wish you could have too. I can't believe how big Robi has gotten." I rubbed my hands over her bump and smiled as the baby elbowed my hand, Jessi flinched before linking her fingers with mine. "Come. Cuddle with me?" I whispered as I backed up to the sofa, pulling Jess along with me.

"Missed you so much." She sighed as she snuggled into my side, her bump resting on my thigh. It felt so nice. "You hungry? I should get started on dinner." She made a half-hearted attempt to move, so I wrapped my arm around her and held her in place.