Twenty

Jessi

I rushed up the steps to the hotel; I was running late. I had finished school until September and I was now working pretty much full time at Columbia. It was fun but pretty tiring. I was looking forward to tonight. I looked around the bar and finally spotted him, he'd cut his hair. He was sitting at a table with two super comfy looking armchairs. He stood up as he spotted me coming.

"Zayn!" I smiled, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey Love-cup!" He laughed.

"Honey Bunny!" I smiled, sitting myself down. "How are you? Harry sends his love." Zayn had left the band three weeks ago.

"Just Harry? I'm okay. I miss the guys but I enjoy having the freedom to do what I want every day." He said.

"They all miss you Zayn. Even Louis who's still not talking to me. Harry just knew I was coming here that's all." I smiled.

"He still blames you?" A waiter brought over a bottle of wine and Zayn poured me a drink.

"Yeah. They all did for a while, even Harry didn't really understand why I hadn't just told you to stay. He gets it now and I think Niall and Liam do too. It terrified me when you called and I thought if you stayed you'd do something stupid." I said, squeezing his arm.

"So was I." He said, taking a drink of his wine. "So apart from my drama how are you and Harry?"

"If you want to, we can talk about it?" I said, trying to get back to the first topic of conversation. I didn't want him to bottle everything up.

"You'll be first on my list if I do, Jess. Now come on, tell me about you and Harry. I need you to restore my faith in love." He grinned. I'd heard him and Perrie had been having problems.

"Me and Harry are good. I think. As good as you can be when you're thousands of miles apart and haven't seen each other in over a month." I sighed. I hated being away from him.

"You still haven't seen him since Valentine's Day? That's shit. Your sexting game must be gettingpretty good by now." He laughed. The two girls at the next table glanced over at us. Zayn flipped them off, the one with the dark hair glared at him but the blonde girl smiled. They were pretty.

"Nah. Sexting scares me, I mean knowing my luck his phone would get hacked. We tried Skype but of course, Harry chose to do that on the tour bus so about two minutes in all I can hear is Niall yelling they can hear everything we're saying." Zayn burst out laughing. "It's not funny, now every time I Skype Harry at least one of them teases me about it." I smacked his arm as he was still laughing.

"Next time they tease you tell them I said if they don't stop it then I'll tell you all the secrets I know about them."

"Thank you. How are you and Pez doing?" I asked.

"Not great. We both know it's over but we haven't gotten around to admitting it to each other yet." He sighed.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't be. I spent months fighting for something that was broken beyond repair. I couldn't fix it on my own. Besides, she hated you." He smiled.

"She hated me?" His words stunned me. I thought we got along well at Harry's party. We'd even danced together.

"Oh yeah. At first she thought we were having an affair and then I think she felt threatened by you, probably because I was telling you stuff I wasn't telling her. She tried to turn Soph and Eleanor against you too." He said.

"No offence Z but you're like my brother, the thought of kissing you is just wrong. And I seriously thought she liked me, she said she wanted us to have lunch when she was in New York. I'm normally good at telling when people are being fake."