Thirty-Seven

Jessi

"OK. What do you think?" Danny asked as he walked out of the bedroom and I couldn't stop smiling.

"Is that Gucci?" I smiled as I took in the black and white floral shirt.

"Uh huh." Danny coughed as he pulled at the sleeves which fit snuggly around his biceps.

"Silk?"

"Yeah. Harry was right, it feels nice but be honest do I look like an a-hole?" He stood up straight, and I took in the whole outfit. Black dress trousers and Chelsea boots completed the look, there could be no doubt Harry had taken him shopping this afternoon.

"Honestly?" I smiled. "You look awesome. Maybe we'll find you a nice lady tonight."

"Very funny. What about you? You look pretty." Danny twirled me around.

"Thank you." I smiled, he wasn't the only one who had a Styles give him fashion advice. Gem and I had been shopping too, and she'd picked out my pink Lanvin Tulle dress. It was girly and flowing and nothing like I would usually wear but I liked it.

"Those Styles kids certainly live up to their name." Danny chuckled.

"Speaking of Gem, she's waiting downstairs for us." Harry, Lori and Niall were already there. Me and Harry decided it was best we didn't arrive together.

"Come on then, you got everything?" Danny grinned as we headed down the staircase. I could tell he was excited, like me he'd never been to a listening party before and from the way he was strutting, I knew he was happy with his new clothes.

-----

"Hey, where are you two going? We're supposed to go to the listening booths first." Danny's voice effortlessly carried over the crowd of people.

"Food!" Gemma replied, pointing to a table which had all kinds of goodies on it. She made her way towards her prize. My eyes had landed on an area which looked a little like a gallery, I could see photographs and videos and I wanted to head there first.

"Of course, you want to go look at the photographs. Well, I'm doing things properly." He pouted and headed to the listening booths, which were red British Phone Boxes. I chuckled to myself as I watched Danny squeeze himself inside one. I hadn't even made it to the first photo when Lorena came thundering towards me. I knew that look. Pent up anger about to explode like a firework.

"Lor? You okay? What's happened?" My eyes immediately scanned the room for Niall but he was nowhere to be seen. She shook her head and grabbed my wrist, pulling me along with her. I did one final sweep of the room. No Niall and no Harry either. Damn it! Just as I thought she was about to drag me outside she made a sharp left her body colliding with mine as I wasn't prepared for the movement.

"Move, Jess!" She snapped as she continued to drag me along a narrow corridor and into a small room, a bit like a dressing room. My best friend was close to tears, a look somewhere between anguish and fury on her face.

"What's happened?" Before she could open her mouth, the door flew open and in stalked an equally upset looking Niall.

"Don't you come anywhere near me!" Lori growled and thrust out her palm to make doubly sure he got the message.

"Look, I don't know why you're mad? It's just a joke!" Niall sighed in exasperation.

"Fous-toi!" She yelled. "Mes parents ont vu ça."

"What is she saying?" Niall turned to me. I ran it over in my head and opened my mouth to speak but Lori beat me to it.

"Fuck You! My parents saw it! My parents, Niall!" Lorena snapped. I didn't feel like they required my presence here and I still had no clue what had happened. As if Lori could sense my thoughts about leaving she clutched my wrist again.