Eighteen

Harry

It was my Birthday. I rolled over in my bed, my arms stretching out into emptiness, Jessi wasn't here. She was supposed to have arrived yesterday with Lori but she had to work this morning so she wouldn't be arriving until just before my party. I missed her.

"Happy 21st Birthday Harry!" My Mum yelled, knocking on the door.

"You can come in." I said, sitting up in bed.

"I made you breakfast." She smiled, carrying in a tray before sitting it down on the bed. "Look at my baby, all grown up." She stroked my cheek as she sat down beside me.

"This looks amazing. Thanks Mum." I smiled.

"You're Welcome!" She kissed my forehead as she got back up. "Once you've finished that you can come downstairs and we'll do presents. Your Dad left a message, he said he'd call you later. Lunch is at 1 o'clock and what time is Jessi due in? I can't wait to meet her." She said all in one breath.

"It depends when she can get away from work but I think she's hoping to get here around six." I smiled. I couldn't wait for them to meet either.

"That's only an hour before your party. I hope she makes it." My Mum said as she headed downstairs.

I heard my message tone on my phone; I picked it up and smiled when I saw Jessi's name.

"Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I can't wait to see you tonight. I hope you have a fantastic day. Love you, J x."

"Love you too. Can't wait to see you either. I'm 21! Woo! H x."

I finished my breakfast and headed downstairs feeling much happier than when I woke up.

-----

Jessi

I was in the studio. I wasn't supposed to be here. I was supposed to be in L.A. with Harry, celebrating his birthday. I'd been asked to come in and take studio pictures for a band's album cover. They're named Purple Sunrise and apparently they had seen photos I'd taken when they were in recording earlier in the week and decided that's what they wanted for their album artwork. It was pretty cool actually. 

"So Justin told us you were taking photos of One Direction last weekend? How was that?" Q, the drummer said. Yep, he really was calling himself Q.

"It was fun. They are great guys." I smiled.

"They're a little immature though. Didn't you feel like a babysitter? And as for all the silly screaming girls, I hope you had ear plugs!" He laughed. Q was getting on my nerves.

"Like I said I had great fun and there is something quite exhilarating about looking out at a stadium full of people absolutely over the moon to be stood watching their favourite artist, I hope you get to experience it one day." I smiled.

"Pete, I think we have a closeted Teeny Bopper here." He yelled to the bassist. I decided to just ignore him. I probably had all the photos I needed now, but I wasn't in a hurry, I was heading to the airport with Ed and he'd still be at least another hour.

"Jessi, we've got a little surprise for you." Sindy, their lead singer smiled as a woman walked in with what looked like a makeup trunk. I immediately felt nervous, I didn't trust strangers doing my makeup, I'd been left looking like a clown once too often. "We heard you're missing your boyfriend's birthday to be here and that your flying straight to his party after you're finished so as a thank you we brought Claire to do your hair and makeup for you."

"Thanks. That is really sweet of you but you didn't have to." I smiled as I got ushered out into a different room.

"You did a great job today." Justin smiled, following me. He was sort of my boss. "I'll send you a copy of the finished artwork."