Twenty-Seven

Jessi

The past few days had flown by. I'd been greedy and had been keeping Harry all to myself. I hadn't seen much of the other guys except at the venue. I looked down at my tanned legs, my purple bruise now a more browny green. I wondered if it would leave a white patch on my leg once it healed.

"What are you thinking about?" Harry's deep voice questioned.

"I'm just wondering if I'll have a pale patch of skin when my bruise heals." I said, turning my leg from side to side as if the answer might suddenly reveal itself.

"Here was me thinking you were thinking about something deep and meaningful." He chuckled.

"Well, imagine how stupid I'll look with a big white patch down my shin." I pouted.

"Don't worry. Your bruise is only damage to the subcutaneous layer of skin, tanning happens above that layer so you should have a nice all-over tan when it heals." Harry smirked, running his hand over my shin.

"Well, look who swallowed a dictionary." I teased, splashing him with water. We were sitting by the edge of the hotel pool, swinging our legs back and forward in the water. It was nice and peaceful.

"Come to London with me tomorrow." He took my hand in his.

"Wish I could. I'm not even going home. My appointment with George got moved again so now I have to go straight to LA tomorrow." I rested my head against his shoulder. This appointment with George was getting on my nerves, it had been rescheduled three times already.

"Fuck work. Just stay with me?" The pleading in his voice made me sad. I hated leaving him.

"Don't worry. It's only a few weeks until my birthday and then we get to see each other again." I grinned, swinging my legs in the water.

"Yeah. Uhm. I've been meaning to talk to you about that..." The guilt in his voice made my heart break. I knew what was coming next.

"Seriously H? It's my birthday!" I wanted to scream and shout but I didn't want him to feel any worse than he already did and it was our last day together, I didn't want to waste it fighting.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I tried to get the meeting moved, but it has to be then, apparently." He sighed, rubbing my back.

"It's fine." I lied. "We should head inside." I stood up and waited for Harry. His hand locked around my leg and then knocked me into the water. I poked my head above the water and found him clutching his stomach laughing.

"You're gonna pay for that." I growled, swimming towards the edge of the pool.

"Have to catch me first!" He yelled, running off. I hauled myself out of the water and picked up our towels and phones since Harry had abandoned them. I couldn't see him anywhere when I walked inside so I assumed he must have headed upstairs, I walked to the lifts and pushed the button, watching as the numbers counted down.

"BOO!" Harry suddenly yelled behind me, making me drop everything on the floor.

"Fuck sake Harry, you scared me to death!" I whined. I was sulking but I couldn't stop it. I bent over to pick our stuff up and he slapped my arse. "Harry!" I pouted while the smacking noise echoed around the room since my bikini was soaking wet.

"Look so fucking good, dripping wet." He pinned me against the wall when I stood up, his voice laced with hunger but I was still sulking.

"And whose fault is that?" I pushed his chest.

"Not my fault you can't control yourself around me." He smirked, his tongue poking out and licking droplets of water from my throat.

"In your dreams, Styles." I sassed but my hands had stopped pushing against his chest, my nails gently scratching against his Swallows.