--- Damsel in Distress---

The frostbitten forest was daunting and the pale moonlight adored the leaves reflecting light through the dew drops. The path was vague yet too undemanding to follow. It was like you keep walking where your footsteps take you with some weird persistent thought in your mind.

The feeling of trepidation never came, it was hauntingly calm in my heart and in my mind. I waited for the calm to shatter and the shiver to rise in my spine but before the feeling came, came the Man. His silhouette approached me in the dark. With the distance between us I could see he had a sword in his hand, he was tall and I assumed terrifying since even his shadow brought the shivers which didn't come in the darkness of the forest.

"Either you are really valiant or really unwise to come alone." The shadow said walking towards me.

The voice was like some distant warning of death, deep and thrilling.

"How can you ask such clichéd questions?" My voice gratefully came out without any tremble.

His sword glistened in the dark and for some reason, I gasped. And he laughed.

"I am here for the map." I managed to say keeping up my pretense.

"Sure, you are". He said as he invisible even in the moonlight.

Bretrarum-The Darkness. I have heard about him, everyone has heard about him. He was faster than the ninjas, vanished like smoke in thin air. He was known to be the indomitable ruthless killer. He was King's right hand, like a son to the tyrant like ruler who had no heir to his throne.

"Are you sure you are Bretrarum?" The question came out unintentionally.

He laughed a laughter that sounded nice but threatening.

"You are too naive? Who sent you here, to get the map from me?" Bretrarum asked, sounding too amused.

"Well, at least you agree I came to get the map," I answered getting tensed with each passing second.

The intuition I developed told me that something dangerous was going to happen.

"You really have mistaken me for someone else." He threatened.

And before I could even realize his glistening sword against my neck. I gulped down the intense panic that developed. He was unbelievably fast and I know why he was called him the darkness because I can still see only his silhouette.

"Killing me will do you no good. I am just here for the exchange and I do not hold any special position in the court." I reasoned carefully.

He lowered his sword after some calculations.

"Why would anyone in their right mind send you to do an exchange with me?"

I just shrugged nonchalantly hoping he could see the reaction.

"Anyway, this forest can give you weird thoughts or could send you in a trance. Watch where you go." He sounded amused by this.

I looked around for a moment, he was right. The moonlight was not strong enough to break through the haunting tall trees that seem to observe our movement.

"I am honored that you care." I mocked him.

Why I did that rash thing...or why was I here in this first place? Why was I sent to take the map from The evil killer: Because I was the Blade Princess, so The King, that is my father thought it would be best to send someone like me to deal with Bretrarum.

~~~

"You have done well.' My father said with pride gleaming in his eyes.

 I have always tried to be a son and a daughter for him. While the world saw me as the perfect princess, I was a warrior through and through.