---Double the Grief---

I don't understand why but Bretrarum was not even least bit worried about this whole thing. Me, on the other hand, was freaking out on a whole other level. If Bretrarum was King's actual son I would have been more relaxed.

"You have to be stronger Princess, once you are married in our Kingdom you will enemies all around you." He said and I literally felt the whole body go in shock.

He was still thinking about marriage.

"Why are you not terrified?"," I asked obviously too embarrassed to talk about the wedding.

"Just because." He said casually but there was tension visible on his face.

It was more of an agitated expression than anything else. 

"Who was the one that hurt you that day?" I asked remembering he still has a weakness besides my soul.

"There is a magic enhancer." He said and I waited for him to explain.

But when he did, I had to ask him again. Sometimes his few words and cold nature annoyed him.

"There is a what again?" I asked surprised that I was indeed a sheltered Princess.

"Enhancers. You do know about the history of two major Realms before it was divided into five kingdoms?" He asked amusement lacing his voice.

He already knew the answer to that.

"Yes, I am clueless. You can make fun of me." I said sulking.

"I assumed that you were trained to fight so you might be given knowledge about this. Most people do not know about this." He was consoling me but his tone was more like mocking me.

"Enhancers or an enhancer?" I asked changing the topic to how he got hurt and keep my mind of meeting the King, again.

"There is only one left in the world now. Back in time when there were just Light Realm and the Dark Realm with a peace treaty between them keeping each other from war. A royal went rogue from the Light Realm and learned the forbidden art of Enhancing the magic using the natures force and human life force. Eventually, a long story short, both Dark and Realm defeated those ten group of Enhancers but it has come to my knowledge the day I was attacked one of them survives."

"So one is that powerful?" I asked, kind of in between feeling awed and terrified.

"It took both the major Kingdoms to defeat ten of them and caused division into five kingdoms. They are very powerful."

"Why did you come to me on that day?" I asked when he could have healed himself.

"Because you were the only Binder alive." He stated simply and more puzzle pieces fit in.

"A binder can-" I waited for him to say what was in my head.

"Can reciprocate and stop what an enhancer can do."

"So I did something to heal you unknowingly?" I confirmed slightly surprised by the fact that I even wanted to save him way back then.

"That is when I started completely trusting you and even more guilty for putting you through hell." He said in a small voice.

"That was not hell for me, you betraying me was," I stated simply not accusing him anymore.

He inhaled sharply as if it hurt him like my wounds did every time I thought about it.

"That is why I assumed you knew Binding Magic when we were saving Averia's sister." He clarified.

"I was always told Magic was dangerous and evil and white magic is a myth."  I recited words of my father feeling the familiar ache in my chest on remembering him.