---Dream and Nightmare---

I was not pretending when I broke down into tears on seeing Henley. I remembered the palace well enough even though I only visited one time. It was still lighted up with too many lamps and golden columns filled the corridors, it was still clean with white marble floor and beautiful paintings, it was still warm and smelled of vanilla and summer.

When Tahira put an applause-worthy act of having found me on the gates, the maids who recognized me rushed to get the Prince. All the emotions pent up inside me flowed out as soon as I saw Henley rushing towards me. He and I have been friends longer than we have been lovers. No one knew me better than him, not even my father. He was my first friend, my letter friend, my confidant and the one I came to love.

The only thing he didn't know was that I was a Princess trained to kill because I was afraid he would not see the charm in me or that he might not consider me Princess enough for her strict family who considered women as an object to be treasured and kept inside the rooms. Henley was grown under the guidance of a wise mother, now dead and I hoped that he was better. With time I learned he respected my words and choices but still I was afraid that his father would not allow a Princess who can yield sword and therefore I never had guts to tell Henley.

"Lia," He said and that was all that made me overcome with grief.

I would have stumbled on the ground had not been for Henley coming to my aid. His arms went around my waist and he held me up. I buried my head in his chest and cried not caring what the people audience to my hysterics would say. I was, according to the story, a survivor from enemy torture.

"Lia, I am here now, It's okay." He said in a familiar warm tone I was so used to.

Once he broke the embrace his eyes observed me and I felt myself shrink feeling dirty in his presence. He was still the same Henley with smooth auburn hair, smiling eyes and a feeling of warmth and happiness. I tried not to think that my heart, however, didn't react or my stomach didn't curl in his presence as it did with Bretrarum. Maybe it was just a physical attraction towards the lying Prince.

Henley didn't ask me anything for now as he supported me to walk towards the stairs that lead to the room I was previously allocated in when I came.

I saw the guards and maids give me a look of pity and curiosity, while I noticed there were some new females mostly Princess' I saw during dances or meetings. I tried not to think too much as I was brought to my room. I noticed Henley stop the maids but Tahira accompanied me inside. She has done something to earn his trust.

When we were in the room and I was sitting on a comfortable bed that felt too soft to me now.

He sat down on his knees, his face level to mine now.

"What happened Lia?" He asked carefully, concern clear in his eyes.

For a shocking moment, I wished they were indigo and mentally cursed myself for being such a fool.

"I- I was captured by N-Nevarlia army, they killed everyone, Henley," I said sobbing yet again because I was living the horror all over again as Tahira observed my every move.

"I thought I lost you." He said and I realized that he had that adorable frown on his face.

A tear escaped his eyes.

"I thought so too," I whispered at how devastated he looked.

"Tahira will help you through the bath and cleaning your wounds. Once you take good rest, I will be here again and you can share all your worries and complains." He stated in a typical Henley way, formally.

He got up and I felt myself hesitating. I need to give him a sign or something.

"Henley," I said and from peripheral vision notice Tahira in attention mode.