---New Enemy---

When I used to practice day after day with Gerald, it never made sense to me why I, a princess would be taught such things. Why I was taught the basics of battle and politics of war. But everything made sense now and I regret that I didn't work harder for that. 

I merely trained because it was fun. Little did I knew that when it all happens to you it's not fun.

My days in the palace were monotonous.

Morning, I had breakfast alone, followed by a stroll with Tahira in the garden as suggested by Queen. I had no idea what her purpose of doing this was. At the afternoon I  joined the practice of the League which by the way was not easy. Even though I had a weird kind of energy that  I presume I picked up from Bretrarum's training, my core muscles were weak. After running for miles with the league I would feel dizzy and nauseous. My whole body didn't even get time to recover after all the injuries and torture.

I would throw up once I was away from the curious eyes of soldiers who awed me for handling weapons so well.

For a week, each day would pass like this. And I started feeling the panic of a month deadline. Henley visited me daily but I had no idea how to ask him about the secret that their Kingdom was hiding. Also while living in the palace I realized that there were other princesses invited by Queen as the prospective bride of Prince.

Even though Henley paid all the attention to me but I knew how royal weddings go, it's what parents decide is best for Kingdom.

By the end of the seventh day, I came to know that Queen was my enemy.

___

As a part of the celebration of King's birthday, there was a party at the palace. Exotic dancers were brought from across the kingdoms. Obviously, I was there as the Queen wanted and with me was Tahira keeping eye on my every moment.

I tried writing a help note to Henley and send it back hidden in left food or tried conveying subtle hints during League practice when I challenged Henley to fight. And every time Tahira reminded me she noticed and that I will pay for that. She was always there to muddle Henley's brain to my hints and words.

"You look beautiful as ever." Henley complimented me leaving all the gathered dancers and princesses unattended.

Queen looked furious but I was being risky. I know I had no future with Henley and I knew that I only had people that hate, pity or wanted me dead. But I was done with my share of crying every night when I stood on the edge of the window and think about jumping but couldn't.

"Thank you." I smiled with a flirtatious smile at him feeling weird just by doing this.

But a fuming Queen made me feel better.

He talked about the league practice, court politics, his perspective on the Kingdom tournament but my eyes followed the alcohol that servants carried. I needed to get Henley drunk to save his life and pretend to get the secret. I gestured Tahira who got the gist of my plan and brought us the jar of alcohol and glasses hoping I would get secrets out from the drunk Prince.

"Since when do you drink Lia?" He asked with a confused frown.

"I don't. It's for you." I said with a smile.

Stunning girls danced with grace and allure right in front of us and all the gathered soldiers and council members ogled them hoping for a night of pleasure and I felt disgusted at that. Just the King looked tired and Henley paid all the attention to me. As flattering it was, it was hurting because he was the kind of son who never rebelled against his parents.

He was giving me false hope unintentionally with his gazing.

"Drink with me?" He asked softly.

"I will drink water," I said shyly staying sober for the whole thing.