---Open Book---

Averia was elated on seeing the Healer come back with a cure. She held onto his hands as they walked and Bretrarum played his part well. I tried not to feel agitated at the whole thing. Tonight was the last night we had to stay in the mountains because we needed the moon to make this particular magic work and as mentioned, my help which I had no idea how to do it.

But Bretrarum did and I was keen on learning it.

As the moon went up in the sky Bretrarum sat next to Averia's sister and chanted the words from the scroll which apparently only he could read because they made no sense to me. As he did that the girl lying in front of us started glowing slightly and a shield formed around her.

"it's your turn, Princess." He whispered.

"What am I suppose to do?" I asked clueless of my work here.

"You have never broken a magic seal coming from Silverlight royal family?" He asked genuinely shocked.

"Never," I answered in a small voice for some reason feeling useless.

He sighed like this was unexpected and contemplated for a moment.

"It's not difficult just requires focus. Observe the magic around her and try to break the shield. You did manage to make a hit while we practice this should be easy for you."

"The sparkling thin sheet around her you mean?" I asked and saw surprise flicker in his eyes.

"You can see it then?" 

I nodded and that made his lips lift in admiration, "Imagine in your mind that you are breaking it."

So I did and for the first few tries, nothing happened.

But then it felt like a sharp force hit the barrier around her and it shattered. Like it took immediate effect, she gasped and opened her eyes.

"Well done," Bretrarum said with obvious admiration in his voice.

"What- What is happening?" Averia' sister said.

"Call the Sorceress," Bretrarum called out to the guards outside the door while Bretrarum checked her pulse.

Apparently, she recognized him and sighed in relief.

Soon, Averia rushed in and smiled to see her sister well and conscious.

"I am grateful for what you did." She said her eyes brimming with tears.

"Likewise Sorceress," Bretrarum said thanking her for my cure.

"And I suppose like always you will leave now?" She asked sadness evident on her face.

She liked the Dark Prince way too much for my discomfort. Earlier I would have not felt a tad bit worried because I was also a Princess with a Kingdom, an army to boast off and treasures to spare. Now I was just a girl with nothing left with her, with some knowledge of the art of war and weapon. I was not a good choice to be a wife or a Queen, maybe a solider.

If the day comes, Averia was a far better choice than me.

 "You know how I am needed all over the world for my healing powers." He said with an air of arrogance I seldom hear him use.

"That I do. I hope to see you soon." And came forward for an affectionate hug.

I averted my gaze to avoid hurting myself.

"Also, if you need any help, remember I will always be here." She offered and Bretrarum nodded curtly.

As soon as we were done with a torturous farewell, I gave a curt bow to the Sorceress and started moving forward with a faster pace to get away from this place as fast as possible.