---Imprisonment---

Even though I was born as a Princess and had the luxuries of life, I have been in a prison more than my lives' share. But this prison was still tolerable because no one dares harm me afraid that the Dark Prince will kill them.

I sat on the cold floor staring at the fire torch hanging on the walls outside the prison, it was my only source of warmth. Three days would be easy, except that worry was gnawing me from inside.

On the first day, when the night fell and my whole body was numb with cold I heard footsteps echoing through the corridor. It was weird but I knew whose footsteps it was, just by the pattern of walking. The guards in front of me fell asleep with a thud on the ground and I got to my feet.

My eyes met his and I smiled as he effortlessly opened the locked door. But there was frown etched on his brows.

"You will freeze to death  this way." He said and handed me a velvet quilt which made me chuckle.

"Prison and this quilt don't go well together." But I wrapped it around me immediately.

"Why would you do that?" He was in no mood for jokes right now.

"To save your hard work," I said saw the defeat in his eyes.

"Liahna, listen to me carefully and I am surprised you didn't notice but now there is nothing more important to me than you." He said and my heart thumped louder inside me.

"And do you not expect the same from me?" I asked in a small tone justifying my rash decision.

"Do you expect me to marry Avira then, to keep you safe?" 

I hung my head in shame. He sighed realizing that him stressing over this was worrying me even more.

"Eirik will stay here to keep you guard in case someone tries something senseless." He said and on cue, Eirik walked in a carefully bowed.

"I need to come with a plan." He said and I was at ease at least he was not planning to kill everyone.

"Just three days Dark Prince," I said lightly to console him.

"Yes, three long days."

"But why?" I asked realizing something.

Why was she waited this long to get married?

"Why, what?" He asked.

"Why three days?"

"She is a Sorceress. Hence the ardent belief in the alignment of stars and auspicious occasion and presence of the half-moon, etc, etc. Three days later is the right fated time to get married." Ivor explained.

"Ah! So if she is not married in three days then?" I asked hoping that with just two more left some miracle would happen.

"Then it is declared as doomed fate and the priests from her Kingdom will not allow the marriage." He clarified.

"For the whole life?"

"Probably."

Suddenly I heard a bell ringing across the Kingdom. He had been here for an hour and I didn't even realize.

"I need to leave before King finds a loophole and have you killed." And without even alerting me bent down removing his mask and kissed me softly making my cold body feel the warm rush of blood.

My eyes fluttered closed and I molded into him snuggling closer to his firm form. As the kiss ended I felt the need to kiss him again but he just looked amused at my expression.

"You need to control yourself better Princess." He said as he covered his face back up meaning that the kiss was done.

"You need to love me more than that," I stated boldly making the usually grim-looking Prince's eyes widen in utter shock.