---Finding a Purpose---

I was a Princess or maybe I still am so I was used to scrutinizing eyes but when I walked to the King even Henley at my side, I was conscious of every eye and every whisper that surrounded me. Maybe because no one was there as my shield, I was supposed to protect myself now.

"Liahna, my dear. It's so good to see you alive and fine." King bellowed in a happy tone.

I have met Henley's father several times and he was a kind man. But when he mentioned the word fine, I felt annoyance stir inside me. I was anything but fine. Even though I have been in the palace for a week now. My injuries were still ugly and prominently visible, my eyes look like holes sunken deep in my skull and I looked like a survivor of drought much less like a Princess.

The fever had taken a toll on me as well. Bedridden for a week, I missed being the warrior. I was kept in the room and finally, when I was presentable enough, I was ready to meet the King and the council.

"I am grateful for all your help Your Highness", I gave a courteous bow to the King who gave me an affectionate smile. He was my father's closest friend.

"You can stay here as long as you want Princess till you find a path that guides you." Henley's stepmother, the current Queen added without even bothering to greet me.

The whole court stirred at her words and I saw Henley's jaw tick in anger.

And I realized what a fool I have been. I escaped the prison of an enemy kingdom. My reputation and virtue were destroyed now. No woman won from war is left untouched. I will never be considered as Henley's Queen, his wife. Not only did I have no family, but I also had no future.

The suffocation made my heart ache and I tried not to show the pain reflect on my face as I stood with my chin up in the air, not letting the judgments and thoughts belittle me.

"Mother, you know how I feel about her." Henley surprised all of us with his words and I felt guilty for having even minor feelings for Bretrarum who destroyed my past and future as he fooled me in the present.

"Feelings are nothing when it comes to the welfare of Kingdom son. Will you ignore the opinion of all the wise officials who gathered." She said like a diplomatic Queen she was.

Before Henley could do more damage I had to step in as I used my saccharine voice on her.

"Don't worry too much Your Highness. I am not a fool and I already found a path that guides me." I said because now that my image was shattered there was no point hiding my true self.

"And what that might be Princess," King asked in a kind tone.

If I had to play a spy, I need to be convincing to Tahira and keep Henley safe. Maybe I can just make people suspect me without much effort.

"I want to be a part of your Umbrellator League," I said proudly putting forward my terms.

A loud gasp erupted from the gathered council.

"I would not want you to take me in and be a burden to you. I want to join the League." 

The Umbrellator League were also called the shadow fighters, the best of the soldiers trained to protect the Kingdom from the enemies with or without magic. I have heard about them but never actually seen them in battle. But Bretrarum said that they are hiding a secret big enough that even Nevarlia can't win over them and that was a big relief.

"Princess, do you know what are you talking about?" Queen asked in a mocking tone.

"Why don't you put me to test and we will see? I am more than pretty dresses and ornaments Highness." I answered back with a fake smile that made her glare at me.