---Breaking the Illusion---

The whole way from one Kingdom to another I was holding on to Dark Prince's hand. I was still rehearsing speaking his real name in my head but it felt foreign for some reason.

"Princess, is something the matter?" He asked sounding amused but I just gave him a small smile.

I was done degrading myself, I was done pitying myself. I had nothing and I was not as exotic as Averia but I will do all in my power to hold on to what was mine and right now Prince was mine.

"Are you trying to break bones in my hands?" He asked clearly enjoying my distress and I realized I was gripping his hand too tightly.

"I will kill her or anyone who wants to take you away from me, unless you yourself want to go I am not giving up on you." I shared my decision with him.

"I am honestly just very happy that I mean this much to you," He said smiling at me.

"I will miss seeing you smile, under that mask," I said and realized I said it out loud.

"You will see me every night." He said with a smug look.

He was still teasing me about the whole distraction and seduction thing and I turned away still holding on to his hand.

The journey was almost coming to an end I had no idea why Averia was planning because she didn't even love the Dark Prince. Whatever it was, she still had to face me.

---

"I was worried about you." King said in a tone stating otherwise, "Where have you been?"

"Same," Ivor answered with his mask back on.

He was known to go in seclusion for months so nothing was asked of him after that.

"I thought you died in the attack." He said in a bored tone.

"It's not that easy to kill me."

"I know and that is why you are my next heir."

"Also, Sorceress is waiting for you in the left palace quarters. Go and greet her." He said while completely ignoring my presence.

"Before that, I would like you to grant us blessings." He said and King's brows raised in question.

Without even warning me, he placed a silver bracelet as a wedding band on my wrist. It clicked closed together and I felt my heart crash against my chest just like he gave me the blessed ring.

"Why Prince!?" King bellowed and everyone around cowered in fear.

But Prince just gave him the deadpanned look

"She will be my one and only wife." Prince declared right there and then.

I don't even know how to react then and held back my stupid tears. One and only he said, he was worst at sharing emotions but when he did, it was this dramatic.

"Are you challenging my orders?" King asked in a threatening tone.

Prince just stared back without any words as if he was challenging the King instead who knew he was nowhere close to him in power.

"So you will not marry Sorceress?" King asked one last time.

"As I said, she is  my one and only wife."

And just like that I was married to him, I had no chance to make sense or anything. It was not the big deal like everyone else said but it was weird feeling like somehow I was connected to him. There were a pull and a sharp need to protect him, shield him and take care of him from everything bad.