---Exploring---

On seeing Sorceress sister I realised beauty was in their genes. Even though she was sick and was pale, with bluish black lips due to the ailment and dark circles under her eyes, she was still beautiful. Two maids wiped her hands and legs when we entered and I realized she was weak, her hands were bony thin and her robes were loose around her stick thin body.

"I don't know what's wrong with her only that she is getting weaker by day and something is destroying her from within." Sorceress explained.

"You know I work Averia, I need to look at my patient alone. I just need my apprentice with me."

She nodded and smiled, "I hope that you can help and repay my favor."

And Bretrarum smiled back. I held back the scoff on their conversation.

When we were alone with the unconscious patient in front of us he turned to me with a concerned look, "How do you feel today?"

"Better," I answered truthfully.

"Can I see?" He asked and extended his hands.

After a moment I realized he was asking to check my pulse like he did when we met during the hunt.

I obliged because it was no use throwing tantrums with him.

Something made him wince when he checked my pulse and I raised my brows to know what else was killing me now.

"Your energy, your aura - Why are you not healing yourself?" He said in a reprimanding tone.

It has been a while since I stopped caring about myself.

"What changed that I should heal myself?" I asked him and saw the frustration on his face.

He turned his attention to the girl lying in front. I observed as he checked her pulse, put hands on her forehead and mumbled something and then pulled out a needle and pricked in on the tip of her fingers.

"She has been out in the mountains." He muttered to himself.

"What is in the mountains?" I asked but he continued with his checks and I wondered how he was so well versed in the art of healing.

"Come in." He called out in a grave tone.

And immediately the Sorceress entered with her maidservants and guards.

"She is affected by Binders Curse." 

"How is that possible? She has never stepped out of the palace." Sorceress said and I had no clue what Binders Curse was.

"Only people from Silver lights could break it." She sounded troubled.

And I was immediately on alert on hearing my Kingdom's name.

"Don't worry, I can help her. But I need to find the source in the mountain." He said and Sorceress nodded after a moment of contemplation.

"But what about sealing the magic?" She asked and Bretrarum just gave her a small smile, "Trust me." He said.

She stepped forward and planted a kiss on Dark Prince's cheek. In all honesty, I felt like grabbing the next sharp thing and stab her somewhere non-fatal.

"I will take leave. I will be back in three days with the cure." He said and gave a curt nod.

But I was in no mood for courtesy so I just stood there. When Dark Prince noticed I was not going to budge he grabbed my upper arm and pulled me along giving me the large bag of herbs and other things to carry.

For the time being, we were out of this beautiful hell.

---

Everyone even the introvert like me was well aware of the mountain and its troubles. Many myths and stories circulate about the forest of the witches, the beast of the caves, the poisonous snakes of the river and the refugees. I had no idea how many of it was true but the mountains was a feared area and Sorceress sister could have come across the curse by any of them.