---Tournament Winnings---

Amelia was the Princess, Queen favored over everyone else for Henley. They would take walks in the garden and she would get gowns made for her. Since I never made friends before, I didn't know who Amelia was until the Kingdom was mentioned. She was the Princess from Marenth, the kingdom of weapons and jewels. They forged everything from weapons to precious jewels and one of the top five Kingdoms.

Obviously, Queen will favor someone like her. She needed the power aligned with her Kingdom. So when the tournament began, Amelia's brother was given special favors. He was matched with people he could win over easily. But the friendly match was a whole other deal and Amelia's brother made a mistake of annoying the Dark Prince.

Darwin and I were practicing in the grounds more like preparing him to fill in for Henley when required. That is when Amelia's brother Amett walked towards us. I could feel his eyes on me and that made me angry. It was making me uncomfortable and when I turned to glare at him, he gave me a cringe-worthy smirk. 

As Darwin came close to hit and our swords clashed together he said both to me and Tahira standing a few steps away from me, "Stay clear from him. He is known for harassing girls and other inappropriate behavior."

"I never knew Princess' were allowed to fight." He finally spoke up and came to stand next to me.

"I am no Princess," I said not in a mood to explain the fallen plight of my kingdom.

"And yet you look beautiful like one." He lied smoothly because I knew right then I was anything but beautiful.

"You can leave." He commanded Darwin in a different tone than he was using with me and completed disregarded Tahira as my maid.

And Darwin with no power over the Prince gave me a cautionary nod and left.

"Do you want to battle it out with Champion of Marenth?" He said grabbing my wrist and bringing the back of my palm to kiss which was a common greeting gesture but his lips lingered way too long for comfort followed with a creepy smile as his other hand subtly brushed my exposed arms.

I took a step back from him a little sharply which caused him to smile like he was enjoying this disgusting little game.

Suddenly an arrow whizzed pass between us shocking us both and Amett jumped away.

"Do you want to battle it out with Champion of Nevarlia?" Bretrarum walked in, his glare and his stance formidable. 

And it would be an understatement to say that Amett seemed scared of him.

He walked next to him and I felt the anger roll off him.

"I am sorry, I should get going. I have a meeting with the-the King." He said fumbling with the words even though he was rumored to be a strong opponent.

"That would be wise," Bretrarum said and Amett literally rushed away.

"I have to kill that guy." He looked at me from a distance and declared in anger.

"I could have handled them," I said lightly kind of glad he was there anyway.

"These men enrage me. They wouldn't mess with you if they knew you were mine." He growled the words out and I felt the world come to a stop.

If they knew you were mine?! I turned to look immediately at Tahira and her reaction but like always she was unconscious.

I should have been angry because he can't just assume that and not after how he treated me or how he left me breaking all my hope and trust at once leaving me desperate enough to think about suicide. But somehow his words made me tear up slightly like I still had a home.