---Excuses---

"Ougees," Tibran said with absolute hate in his tone.

"Now what?" I asked and heard someone coming from behind me.

I turned and noticed two almost human forms with dark grey skin and snake-like eyes. I have seen them before but in books only. They were outcasts from Nevarlia and were experienced in dark magic.

Now I understood the barrier so similar to one I had when I was prisoner that in that small hut.

"I will destroy you." Bretrarum threatened but without the mask, he was someone else so the Ougees just chuckled not realizing who they were messing with.

As they closed in I pulled out my weapon and surprised one of them with a clean cut on its arm.

"A female who can fight, what a delight." One of them hissed.

"She would be as delicious as she looks." And I felt enraged at his words.

I was trained for this, by two of the best.

And now that I had a reason I charged ahead to handle the disgusting creatures in front of me as Bretrarum worked to destroy the barrier.

But surprising us all a big wolf leaped next to me making the incoming Ougees to falter to a stop.

And next moment he was Tibran with his smug smile, "I am the guardian of the mountain that means I can handle these pity tricks."

I couldn't help but smile back.

But the next moment even before anyone can blink an eye, the Ougees surrounding me dropped dead. The barrier was broken and Dark Prince just killed them. Everyone knew how powerful he was but this was the first time I was seeing him use a portion of his power and honestly, it was slightly terrifying.

"And I thought you were the well-known healer," Tibran said sounding more awed than anything at the dead and scared Ougees who now ran back.

But he just enraged at the situation.

Fortunately, after silent walking of another half an hour, we reached the exit of the mountain.

"We will meet again, you know that," Tibran said giving me a smile.

"Aren't you suppose to guard the mountains always?" I teased him.

"I do, but I can leave when my trial period is done." He said and I was curious to ask as to who he really was and if he had any family and friends.

"Tibran thank you for making this journey easy." I said earnestly, "If you ever need a friend, just let me know somehow and I will be here."

"That's a promise-making my heart flutter." He said with an amused smile.

"Fine, then don't." I felt agitated at his teasing.

But then he stepped forward and grabbed my armed and I heard Bretrarum unsheath his sword and take a step closer.

"Calm down Healer, just a small token of friendship." He said and I literally feel the anger roll off in waves from Bretrarum.

Tibran handed me a small white looking stone embedded in a brooch.

"Moonstone, keep it on you and I will find you wherever you are." He said and I felt like this was something that shouldn't be considered lightly.

"It's too precious and I don't have anything to repay your kindness," I said and felt like I just mouthed the word I was taught as a princess.

He just chuckled at my words not bothered at all.

"And you said you will be there whenever I need you." He said and at that moment I saw the sadness reflect in his eyes.