---Training---

He pulled out a dagger right from the wind or maybe he was just too quick.

"Step out nicely or I can force you." He threatened.

As much as it angered me to see him, his aura was undeniable and terrifying. Not bothering to be a fool and argue him I just came forward keeping a safe distance.

We stepped out and this time I squinted my eyes because of the light. I didn't even know I needed the warmth so bad but as the sun bathed me with heat, I felt my muscles relax.

He wanted to train me. But for what? My eyes followed his moments like a hawk. He looked relaxed and not even slightly alert that I might surprise attack him. He walked with authority and a regal grace. And even in the heat, he did not uncover his face.

My inside churned with curiosity to know about his plan, his thought. But more importantly, my brain was seared with hatred for him. Every time he was near I has to live back the day I lost everything.

"Do I get a weapon of choice?" I asked knowing the answer to the question.

"Eat." He commanded and even though I was starving I didn't touch the basket of fruit set aside on a wooden table outside.

I am not doing anything at his commands, if he thought I am that weak he was in for surprise.

I just stood there showing my little act of rebellion.

His eyes narrowed on me but I pretended to stay calm and not get scared by them.

"You do know who I am?" He asked.

"Unfortunately, yes."

And this time I glared back at him.

He stepped closer and my heart fumbled inside my chest but I stood my ground. There was no denying fear that came along with his presence.

He observed me closely and I squirmed under his gaze, the discomfort caused my fingers to curl tightly into a fist and I bit my cheek to stop myself from saying something that can get me killed.

I didn't look into his eyes, I will never do that. I was afraid he would see right through me.

"Here." He said after a moment and I was handed a well-balanced sword in my hand.

His foolish bravery surprised me. He handed me a weapon knowing that I can handle it quite well.

But little did I know that anger clouded my sanity as well, I was the fool here as I charged at him without hesitating. I channelled all my pent up anger and loathing in that hit but all I could hit was the air.

I was just getting started. Gerald told me to battle it out and observe the movement of the opponent. I needed to see his foot movement, the way his wrist would curve before hitting the sword and the direction of his eyes to judge the direction of his hit.

I turned around immediately to see him standing behind me. And I raised my sword again to hit him gritting my teeth together but again, he was gone and I was left there looking like a fool.

"Are you trying to train me or trying to show off?" I snapped after I tried hitting him for the fifth time.

"I am going easy on you." He retorted.

"I don't want your pity."

I want to plunge this sword in your heart.

"Then don't act pitiful." He mocked me.

As a princess, I was never trained to use the petty trick on my enemy but he was not some common enemy. He was the killer of my father.

I inhaled sharply, "Okay, let's do it again."