---Shift of atmosphere---

"Where is your head today?" Bretrarum snapped at me as I tried some techniques which in my mind counted as 'seduction'.

Like pretending to lose balance and fall in his arms which he completely missed and I fell on sand instead. I tried the hand to hand fight to fall over him and trying eye flapping to look like an attention seeking female. But he just threw me over.

I was failing at this miserably. My personal maid did tell me about the cornering to a wall technique and whispering in the ears from behind but my courage stopped at that point.

"Umm... I couldn't sleep well last night."

"That's didn't matter before."

"Don't think you can see inside my head," I said carefully stepping closer towards him and imagined him walking back as per my knowledge.

I looked at the wall behind him which was a little long for a slow sensuous walk so I took a large step not trying to look in his eyes but he didn't move backward and instead his arms grabbed mine stopping me in my place forcefully.

"What?"I yelled annoyed that nothing was working for me.

"Are you trying to seduce me, Princess?" He said and I swear I had amusement in his usual lack- of-emotion tone.

"W-What?" I foolishly stammered almost confirming his words.

His gaze sent unexplainable shivers through me and I realized the seductive game might not be the one I can play. I was bad at this.

"I said are you trying to seduce me, Princess?" This time he asked slowly his hands gripping my shoulder.

"Are you insane? Why would I do that?" Even to my own ears, I sounded overdramatic.

"Like I said it's not a game and getting information from me by this childish technique is useless." He said and I glared at him for catching on my game plan so easily.

So I gave up and accepted, "I had to try."

And that made him sigh.

"Have you ever tried charming a man Princess?" He asked almost mocking me for my failed tricks.

"No, not really?" I mumbled, "I have been too busy training or reading."

Again, he was staring.

"Do you not have a betrothed then?" He asked overly curious about my love life.

"Of course I have. I have someone I love."I said rather boastfully.

"Not a wise choice Princess." He said and let go off my shoulder so harshly that I slightly lost my balance.

The atmosphere became unusually cold after that as we continued with practice and after my seducing the enemy technique he was angrier than ever.

When the practice ended as the sun started setting, I asked because felt truly hopeless then.

"I have been here for more than a month now, will I ever get out?" It was weird asking my captive this question but I had no one else to talk to.

And he might actually give me an answer.

"Yes, you will." He said and I stared at him in surprise.

He actually said I will be out, it elated me but at the same time worried me.

"When I will take you out for the mission." And that killed the elation.

He was training me for something and I will be out when I was ready as per his plans.