---Scars---

I was absolutely ashamed of myself when I stepped out of the room.

My eyes looked for food as always and on seeing something new I forgot all about it. That was how much I loved food. It was chicken and rice this time. Though my father always thought that it was an odd combination to have but I loved it and I had no idea how but he got me this exact combination.

Or maybe he did see through my mind while I was drugged to sleep.

"Don't ever drug me again," I said as I picked up the dagger.

"You needed sleep." He answered in a firm tone.

And then again we practiced silently for almost an hour, I was sweating and short of breath as I carefully picked up the water.

"You drink first," I said just to be sure.

But he ignored me as always.

So I had no option but to drink since I didn't want to die of thirst and parched throat.

I notice his eyes flicker to me once in a while and it reminded me how he saw me in a shameful condition; even my personal maid has seen me in more. I felt disgusted at his obvious thoughts for his eyes turning to me time and again when daily he didn't even grant me a look.

Focusing my anger in the right direction I hit the target five times consecutively. And then sat on the ground crossing my legs trying to catch my breath. Surprisingly, Bretrarum sat down next to me.

Seconds ticked by and no one spoke. I had questions, so many questions for him but I didn't ask since I knew he wouldn't answer and It will be a waste of breath.

"Injuries." He said in a stiff tone like it was difficult for him to talk about this.

Why do you always wear this mask? What's so hideous hidden behind it?

"What?" I asked not sure where this was going.

"You have injuries on your body." He finally said and I inhaled sharply.

I felt like punching him one moment and imagine him bleed at that punch. But next instant I realized, his flickering of gaze was not because of lust but because of curiosity as to how a princess had scars.

Because this was not the first time I was captured, I was abducted before when I went on a hunt with Henley and he was saved me or I let him believe that since I saved myself.

I thought about telling him but decided otherwise because telling these things to the enemy will do no good.

"I didn't have an excellent past as you might imagine."

Then again, the silence prevailed.

I got up again and picked up the new set of arrows and bow this time, I stretched the string of the bow without the gloves that Gerald trained me with and felt the pain on my fingers and yet I made a decent shot.

For some reason, I felt something was unfair about the whole situation and I realised he asked me a question, I should get to ask one too.

"Why do you always cover your face?" I asked the easiest among the ones I had.

He did not dignify this with an answer.

"If you are going to be silent about my questions so will I."

"I am blamed for the things I have not even done." His abrupt answer made no sense and yet he didn't bother explaining further.

He brought me here to torture me mentally or maybe he was going to keep me in dark and just pretend to train till he wanted to slit my throat in sleep which didn't make sense.