---One on One---

My heart was aching so much that I could barely breathe. My feet were moving slowly underneath me and my eyes kept getting blurry due to tears.

"You are getting pale," Tibran commented as we stopped in front of the large wooden gate to the enter the palace area and the place where I and Tibran would separate.

Behind that door was my nightmare and I was scared of everything at that moment. Last time I was here my father died, my mentor died and my whole life came crashing down.

The creaking of the door was too loud in the silence and made me flinch.

"Wait for a moment," I said keeping my voice stable.

I turned towards Tibran as we entered and I heard the noise of clattering. Soon footsteps could be heard and I realized what Tibran went. They would close the doors now that we were in. But before anything could happen, I gathered all my courage and power and directed it at Tibran.

"No- Plea-" He realized as the attack hit him and he landed outside the door which I immediately barred with a shield.

He got up, sustaining few injuries and rushed towards the door still open in his eyes but hit the shield made by me. His eyes widened in shock as he realized what I did.

"I am sorry," I said as enemies surrounded me.

I was living my nightmare minus the dead bodies and the courage I have in my dream.

"YOU CAN"T DO THIS! PRINCE WILL KILL ME!"He yelled looking absoluely devastated.

"Thank you." I mouthed the words for everything he did for me so far.

As suspected arrows started flying towards him but the shield stopped them all. I used more power to push the huge gate to close so that I don't have to see Tibran for long and hide my fear.

As soon as the gate was closed, I fell on my knees letting the tears out. I could hear horse hooves and foot soldiers, I know I was being surrounded.

I looked up wiping my tears and saw Henley standing there looking like he always did. For some reason, I was reminded of the time we first met when we were kids and would play games. He was my first and only friend. He looked tired and angry but he looked like the Henley I used to trust and be friends with.

"Lia." He said softly as if we were not arch-enemies now.

I got up immediately getting in defensive mode.

"A whole army just for me, I am flattered," I said hatefully.

"No, I thought Prince Bretrarum would never leave you alone." He sounded strained like he had trouble looking at me.

"So is the war just a trap to call me here?" I asked obvious stupid questions I don't know why.

"Oh no war is happening, it's just happening too soon. Avira is there with her large army trying to plan in motion while here I finish off the two important hindrances in our plan."

"She loves the Dark prince and is just using you."

"Does it matter? Once this war is done and I have Nevarlia under my hold, she will not live for long." He chuckled darkly realizing the double-faced person that he was.

For a moment, I felt hurt and it might have been a weak decision to make but I wanted to let it all out," I trusted you, Henley you were my closest friend and meant something more to me. Did you for once felt guilty through all of this?"

My voice sounded so hurt that I felt stupid for saying that to the person who was the last alive enhancer, who helped with spreading a small plague killing hundreds and thousands even though he was young, who destroyed my home, my family my everything.