---Plan in Action---

I have been captured, almost escaped death and sold in an inhumane place, I have been a prisoner of a cold-hearted evil man and yet never have I been tortured this much.

But now I was as I was whipped and chained to the chair, The devil of a man Bretrarum was nowhere around. He has left me to the mercy of his father and all the tortures he had in his mind. My heart wept more than my eyes did as I felt blood drip down my knees and ankles from the digging of metal chains.

I was being tortured with a purpose here. I was going to be sent as the tortured captured princess who escaped miraculously. And I will be pleading Henley and his father to give me shelter in the name of there age-long friendship.

I was being sent as the damsel in distress.

"That would be enough." King walked in the torture chamber.

Even in this state, I could feel the darkness and cold surround me.

"You look beaten enough, I think your beloved will believe you." He said as he circled around the chair.

I felt myself tremble in pain and fear. My throat was hoarse from all the screaming and my eyes were swollen from crying.

"I will kill you for this," I mutter out with great difficulty and tasted blood on my lips after twenty-four hours of torture.

But he just chuckled darkly.

"You dare threaten to kill me, Princess, when you have nothing and no one to back you up. What do you think your beloved will feel if he knows you went to spy on him rather then accept death."

"I accept death you coward, you just don't grant me my wish," I yelled feeling the burn in my throat.

Next thing I know the chain circled around my neck and gradually got tighter cutting off my supply of air. Breathing got difficult and painful.

"You don't dare talk to me like that?" He glared furiously, his red eyes pools of blood staring back at me.

"Or what?" I challenged him gasping for breath, choking the words.

"I will kill the Prince." He said but my eyes started getting blurry and lungs burned to the point I felt they would explode.

Then the chains loosened its grip on me.

"Really? Do it then." I answered after catching my breath and let out a racking cough.

This surprised him and he glared at me for my nerves.

"Enter." He commanded and two maids walked in looking even more terrified than I was.

They bowed and didn't even look up.

"Take her way to the carriage and command the general to prepare for the journey." 

And the chain around me untangled themselves and fell off with a loud thud making the two maids flinch. They came closer to me and lifted me from either side carefully grabbing my bleeding arms.

I was dragged bare feet through the halls, with half torn clothes and numerous injuries as an example of what happened to the Princess of a Kingdom who lost to Nevarlia. Bretrarum kept me for this, for the torture for the humiliation and I felt myself choke up from grief again.

The marble felt cold under my feet as did the air around me through the halls. The grand doors opened and I stepped out.

"Leave her." I heard another voice and my head turned in the direction of the voice.

Assuming this was general I immediately turned my eyes away. The maids left me and the general came to me. I could feel him eyeing me slowly, a little inappropriately I felt and my guts turn in disgust. But I could easily handle a creep like him so he didn't scare me.