---Bargaining---

"Princess we need to go now." Bretrarum's voice surprised me.

But my whole body was numb and I couldn't move.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he sat down on his knees and noticed that I was crying.

I wanted to bury my face in his chest and cry forgiving him for coming this late because at least he did. I was on the verge of giving up any hope.

"Henley." I was choking with grief.

"What did he do?" I don't know but it brought immense relief to see that angry fire in his eyes.

"He- he has been lying." More tears flowed down, "All this time."

We heard some noise but I had no fear or energy to move.

"I will kill him for that later and listen to your story but for now princess we need to go. I was trapped by my father in fighting hundred of guards and he was waiting for me to meet him and give me some kind of punishment. So I need you there as my bride." And with that, he lifted me up in his arms swinging me up easily like I weighed nothing at all.

He has done this before but this time I snuggled closer to him seeking the comfort of warmth.

He was surprised by my touch as I felt him go stiff at my gesture but then he eased and looked at me but I buried my face into his chest hiding my tears that wouldn't stop. Thankfully he didn't comment on my state.

We were outside the quarters where the King of Nevarlia was residing. Earlier I felt the fear and darkness around the place but right now all I felt was ache in my chest and head throbbing with pain.

"Be brave Princess." He said and I didn't need to be told twice.

I just gave him a tired smile.

He shook his head looking at me, "I will handle this Henley matter, I promise."

No one but I will handle that matter. He should know that I was not just some princess. I was not the soft fragile girl he can break and walk away without getting hurt himself.

I just nodded for Bretrarum's benefit.

All the guards that I saw earlier were now lying on the ground some unconscious and some dead. And I knew that this was Dark Prince's job. He put me down and grabbed my hand.

"Let's go." He said and started walking.

We entered the living quarters after crossing a beautiful garden and there sat the King on a large bed with crossed legs and closed eyes. Black smog surrounded him like a second piece of clothing. He was just like I remembered, intimidating, cold and sinister.

"Your Highness," Bretrarum said in a rather dry tone.

And he opened his eyes.

The first thing he noticed was Dark Prince holding my hands and somehow under his gaze, it felt like we did a crime worthy of the death sentence.

"So she is the bride you asked for in the win," King said with a dark gaze observing me.

"Ah, you do know that is not a wise decision. She was supposed to do her job and get the secret out of his beloved but she didn't and now she needs to be dead." King said calmly and picked up the wine goblet next to him.

Anger surged through me. When I said kill me he had all sorts of excuses and now for everyone I was just an expendable object rather than a human. I have never seen Dark prince at lost for wits and in panic mode but now I did and I felt more than grateful for having him next to me at the moment. He wanted to train me to put me to use was seemed such a small matter now.