---Damsel to the Rescue---

It made sense now what everyone said. There are no winners in war.

I reached the battleground with the muscles in my leg burning and short of breath. I kept tearing up and my heart grew heavy. My eyes scanned the place in horror as I saw dead bodies all around me. Soldiers from both the side lost their lives and I don't know if it's correct to call it a win for anyone. That much life loss only means loss.

I was frozen in horror and misery to see hundreds of people die just to satisfy the greed and ego of their rulers and Kings.

I could feel Trisha grabbing my hand as she maneuvered through the dead bodies, not disgusted or horrified at them even a bit. 

"All of them are dead," I muttered in shock.

"And most of them must have been killed by Prince, tell me do you still want to save him." She asked hitting me with harsh reality.

She was right. Bretrarum would have been the dash of darkness on the battleground and killed everyone in a heartbeat. 

I nodded quickly and her pace quickened as she pulled me along rather forcefully.

"Have you not seen your Kingdom go through the same Princess?" She asked as we ran to find Bretrarum.

"Thankfully I lost conscious before I could see all the dead," I mumbled the answer feeling sad on remembering my Kingdom from my dreams.

A loud cry shattered my numbness and sadness all at once because I knew whose cry it was.

I pulled my hand from Trisha's grasp and ran faster to reach the voice. Crossing the main gates of the Kingdom my heart froze as I saw the scene. The soldiers guarding Nevarlia were all lying on the ground, some in a trance and stood there like a person with no sense of the surrounding.

Henley was standing with a blade burning with green fire pierced in Bretrarum's heart. It felt like someone was plucking my own heart out. Henley was not the one I knew, he was someone else, he had a greyish covering on his skin and glowing green eyes. He wore a smirk as blood dripped down from the cuts on his face. His skin was responding to the forbidden unnatural magic he was doing.

"STOP!" I yelled with all my might and both of them turned their attention to me.

Henley had almost fatal injuries as well but I don't how Bretrarum was breathing. Everything except his eyes was bleeding or it felt like that, he had so much blood and cuts on him, his mask soaked in blood.

Devastation hit me as I realised this was worse of all the things that have happened to me so far. My heart was literally crushing inside me and not letting me breathe properly.

"Lia, I am here to take you back," Henley said.

And this time I glared at him.

With a voice trembling with emotion I said, "How long do you plan to lie Henley? Are you that heartless. always have been?" 

He was taken aback at my words, genuinely surprised that I knew.

I stepped forward and he raised his hands causing me to come to a sudden halt like my body hit a wall. 

"Don't come any closer to I will torture him more. I can't kill him yet but I can hurt him that much he wishes for death." Henley said with immense hate.

Tears flowed down my eyes. 

"I thought we were friends Henley." The words were out of my mouth before I could think.

And I saw a slight shift of emotion on his angry face.

"Come with me and we still can be." He offered, lying blatantly to my face.