---Quest for the Cure---

"I think this is a risky choice," I said walking an arm's length away from Bretrarum as we walked through the forest we once came through.

"I know that Princess." He said treading so silently that it felt he was walking on air.

There was a slight ache in my chest as I was not that far away from him but I didn't say it out loud because that would mean my feelings were getting stronger.

"What if we don't find a cure," I said it more like a thought.

And now he stopped suddenly and I looked up at him to find his indigo eyes glaring at me in the moonlight.

"We will find a cure." He said with certainty and I nodded not to argue with him right now.

And then we kept walking in silence.

After an hour or so, the path where we last left me came into view and painful memory hit me again when he killed the general and was here to leave me at mercy of my relationship with Henley.

"Where do we go from here?" I asked not realizing that my hand was clutching my chest.

"What's wrong?" He asked, his eyes immediately laced with fear.

And I realized my mistake, immediately dropping my hands from my chest.

"I am fine, just too much walking made me tired." I lied.

While he was the masked guarded Prince who has betrayed me once, I can't just let my stupid emotions show.

"The poison is weakening you." He sounded stressed.

"Maybe we should have asked the Queen about the antidote."

"Already tried, she has no clue. She got it from a servant who she naturally got killed."

"That means it is sold somewhere within the Kingdom," I deducted feeling smart after saying it.

"No, that means Queen has been dealing in dark magic and have people deliver her things because poisons and such are only sold in my Kingdom," He corrected me.

"We are going back to Nevarlia?"

"No, we are meeting my right-hand man there, if he is able to buy the cure he will give it or at least he will be back with a location where we can find it."

"You could have called him in the Kingdom and neither of us had to run."

"People from my Kingdom can't walk in that just like that, they have barriers." Even behind the mask, he sounded smug because I knew he can walk in and out without any problems.

"So we will meet him where the barrier ends?"  I  confirmed keeping in mind where the barrier was.

Our Kingdom had one too but that did no good when our Kingdom was attacked.

"You know, we could have just faked my death and ran away from the palace while someone substituted for you. Why the whole bride drama?" I asked a little annoyed for not prewarning me.

"So no one dares messes with you. They will not even dream about harming you knowing that you are my bride." He stated calmly but words like these were not good for my heart.

"I could be used as leverage against you Prince, even though you are pretending to care they might believe it," I said dryly.

He turned sharply and took a large step closer and I gasped in pain that shot through my heart.

He immediately took steps back and said, "I am not pretending to care Princess. For the first time in my life, I actually care."

I wanted to tell him to stop and not say words like these because it was not helping but I just ignored it and kept walking not letting my stupid heart win again.