New dude

Zara Larson as Jo Carter👆🏽

  I wake up sweating and tears streaming down my face from the nightmare. I take deep breaths looking around my room erratically. I fumble with turning on my side lamp. I check the time 3:20. Of course. The one night my insomnia wears off. I wipe my face and get up going to the washroom. I wash my face with cold water shaking off the nightmare.

I go back to my bed and lean against the headboard the nightmare running through my head again. I grab my laptop going onto Netflix cause I might as well stay awake since I can't sleep. I put on the office old episodes cause...obviously why.

~

  I walk into school tired as fuck. I head to my locker grabbing my shit.
  "Wow, you look tired...as fuck" I heard my best friend Stella's voice. I shut my locker and turn to her.
  "Bad night" I mutter with a shrug. "I'm alright though."
  "You sure about that? Nightmare?" She asks.
  "Yeah" I nod. "I actually fell asleep last night then that happened."
  "That sucks" she pouts pulling me into a hug. "Sorry my bae has to go through that without me."
  "Calm down" I push her away with a laugh.
  "Umm, why is there a sentimental moment without me?" Austin our gay best friend looks at us with squinted eyes.
  "Jo here didn't have a great night last night, another nightmare" she tells him.
  "I'm fine" I mutter. He purses his lips towards me.
  "No you aren't" he tells me.
  "I am" I reply.

I get these nightmares about an accident I was in when I was 13 with my mom. She died in it. It was horrible. So they just kind of suck to me. It's depressing I don't like talking about it.
  "You know you can call us even if it's the middle of the night" he tells me as we start walking.
  "I know, let's just change the topic though" I said.

  "Wassup Jo!" Kyle steps in front of us stopping us from walking.
  "Hey" I said.
  "So wanna come over tonight?" He asks I give him a look.
  "Um...if this is like a come on...um I'm not into that. By that, I mean you" I reply.
  "Disrespectful, But no that's not what I meant, I'm having some people over" he says.
  "Oh" I say. "Well, I will only if they come with me" I add.
  "Yeah of course" he nods.
  "K then fine, also next time don't ask like that" I say.
  "It was a little creepy whatever, not a big deal" he shrugs.
  "Kind of" I said.
  "Anyways see ya!" He said.
  "Mmhmm" I nod and he leaves.
  "He's so into you" Austin says.
  "No he's not, we're friends" I mutter.
  "He's hot anyways" Stella says.
  "Im not into him" I tell them.
  "I mean. I wouldn't hesitate" Austin shrugs I laugh.
  "Yeah of course you wouldn't slut" I nudge him he laughs.

~

I sit in my desk tapping my pencil against the desk.
  "Psst, Jo!" Someone says. I turn around and it's Ian.
  "What?" I asked.
  "Can you stop tapping your pencil?" He asks with purses lips.
  "What was that?" I asked. As he starts talking I tap my pencil loudly he clenches his jaw.
  "Why are you like this?" He asks. I smile.
  "As much of a pain in the ass you think I am, I know you love me" I said.
  "I mean...who doesn't?" Andrew adds in I smile.
  "Thanks" I smile.
  "Can you shut up!?" Jennifer the classes stuck up bitch says. I roll my eyes. She's a teachers pet.
  "No Jennifer, I can't" I mutter.
  "Please?" She asks.
  "Don't cafe for that...sorry" I smile.
  "Bitch!" She mutters. I gasps loudly that everyone looks at me.
  "Wow...Jennifer just called me a Bitch. I always thought you were a prude" I said Andrew laughs along with some other people also.
  "Jo! Don't disrupt the class" Mr. Williams tells me.

I have this love hate relationship with my teachers. They severely love me, but they need to be "professional" whatever. Only Mr. Williams hated me actually, because sorry I'm funny and cool. But I hate him too so whatever.