In N' Out

We walk into In N' Out ans the smell of delicious food hits my nostrils.
  "Oh I'm ready to pig out" Sam says and I laugh.
  "Yeah same" I nod. It was not too busy but enough.
  "Do you two wanna order while we get seats?" Caleb asks me and Sam.
  "Sure" we nod. "I can pay so you don't need to give me money" I said.
  "Awesome" he nods and they all go to get seats.

They text us what they want minutes late while we waited in line.
  "So... why weren't you going to tell Caleb?" He asks.
  "I don't know, I didn't want it to be a big thing. Before you know it the whole school knows and is either hating on one of us. And I just kind of want it to not be a thing, I don't like thinking of it daily" I admit.
  "Makes sense" he nods. "Sorry for telling him then."
  "It's okay, it's just Caleb he won't say anything hopefully" I shrug.
  "Honestly I'm surprised you're dealing with this so well" he says I look at him.
  "Why?" I asked.
  "I don't know, not many people don't mind it when their boyfriends cheat on them with their best friends" he lets out a laugh.
  "Yeah... I guess. Honestly Sam... he wasn't a big thing for me. I wasn't that into him and that might be bad to say but it's true" I shrug again. "I guess it just with the whole Austin thinking I should date so I tried and I guess he wasn't anything for me. He was kinda boring."
  "Yeah... you need someone fun and adventurous like you don't you?" He asks I nod.
  "Yeah, I'm weird... so I expect someone to not find it weird though" I laugh.
  "Not a lot of people are like that" he shrugs.
  "You are though" I state. "Wait... that's not how I meant it" I shake my head he laughs.
  "I understand it's fine" he says looking away and around the store his smile leaves quickly. Of course Jo, make everything awkward.
  "I guess I can't be picky though" I say.
  "Yeah I guess" he nods.

When we got the food we went back kinda awkwardly. Of course I had to say some weird shit. I mentally groan.
  "You good?" Austin asks me.
  "Yeah I'm fine" I shake my head he nods.
  "Gonna be completely honest" Austin says in a low voice to me. "But I wish I was Sam's burger" he tells me as Sam bites into his burger and I laugh loudly.
  "What?" Caleb asks. I laughed so hard I almost choked on my fries.
  "Wow calm down" Austin pats my back.
  "You're ridiculous" I finally calm down. "Geez."
  "I know I'm funny" he grins.
  "What did you say?" Caleb asks again.
  "None of your business, it's too... girl for you" he says and I laugh again but a less.
  "You're not even a girl Austin..." Caleb says. Austin pulls out his phone and flips Caleb off then starts taking photos of his food. I grab my burger taking a big ass bite and Austin takes a picture of me to.
  "Leave me alone" I said my mouth full.
  "Eat your food before you talk to me" Austin says I roll my eyes. "Mmmmmm" I moan and Austin laughs because of something we did one time.
  "Mmmmmm" Austin doesn't without food in his mouth.
  "Ew shut up" Kyle says.
  "No.... it's that delicious" we say. "Mmmmmm" we do it again. Sam's she's were just wandering the place.
  "You good Sam?" Austin asks him. He turns glancing at me first. Did I do this with my weird ass comment.
  "Yeah I'm good" he nods. "Just thinking."
  "Of?" Austin asks.
  "Stuff" he replies.
  "What kinda stuff?"
  "Stuff Stuff."
  "Tell me I wanna know what men who aren't gay think of" he says.
  "Hot girls, sex, jokes... memes... a lot of shit" Kyle and Caleb list things off.
  "Did I ask you?" Austin asks.
  "Whatever were just helping you out" Caleb rolls his eyes.
  "Do you have a crush on someone? You've been kinda weird?" Austin asks him. Sam looks at him.
  "No!" He scoffs getting a little red. What!?
  "Excuse me!! Who and why haven't you told me!?" I asked.
  "No one! J you know you'd be the first person I'd tell" he says. I kinda believed that but he seemed a little weird about it.
  "Hmm" Austin says. "Y'all are lame."
  "Hey!" I said.
  "Obviously not you tho!" He laughs a bit.
  "Exactly."

I shove a couple fries into my mouth.

~

  We walk into my house. Everyone was over. I drop onto the couch Sam pushes my feet down and sits down. I put my feet on his lap then.
  "I'm putting on Rick and Morty and don't want any complaints" I said grabbing the remote going onto Netflix and putting it on.
"Why have I never watched this?" Kyle asks.
"Because you're dumb" I respond.
"Excuse me" he throws a pillow at me I laugh.
"It's true, everyone has had to watch this one time. Uncultured swine" I say.
"Whatever" he flips me off, I do it back.
"Jo do your feet stink cause if so get them the fuck off of me" Sam says.
"I don't know smell them" I laugh sticking my foot up while staring at the TV.
"No... but it's someone's" he says.
"Ew!! You just smelt her feet!" Austin squeals.
"So" we both say with a shrug.
"That's gross and I hate it" he mutters shaking his head I laugh.
"Lol it's mine" Caleb says.
"Get your shoes out of my house along with your feet" I tell him. "Or wash your feet and shred those shoes."
"Ya chill" he waves me off and goes to wash his feet.

I laugh as Rick says some weird shit that's funny Sam does to.
"Honestly Guys... I don't like the show" Austin says. I look at him with wide ass eyes.
"No... fucking... way!" I said. "You know why? You don't have the brain capacity to understand this!! You're crazy!!" I state.
"Calm down" he tells me.
"No! This triggered me" I reply.
"TRIGGERED!!" Sam says.
"Nah, I just feel like it's not my sense of humour, it's kinda bitter and weird almost.." he says I was baffled.
"Wow... how are we friends?" I asked.
"Honesty don't know" he shrugs. "But also kinda rude!"
"Ya whatever" I wave him off Sam chuckles. "I'm not turning it off for you though."
"Knew you wouldn't. It's called being a bad friend sweetie!" He says.
"It's called being in my house so ima watch whatever I want sweetie" I reply.
"There's some beef going on!" Caleb says.
"Shut up!" Me and Austin say.
  "I was talking about Rick and Morty, not everything's about you two" he states. I get up off the couch and make my way to the kitchen. I grab myself a water bottle.
  "Hey Jo" my dad walks into the kitchen.
  "Hey" I reply.
  "How was school?" He asks.
  "Alright" I shrug.
  "Where were you guys?"
  "We went out for some lunch" I reply. I take a sip of my water. "How's work?"
  "Not bad, just been in the office the last couple of hours planning some stuff" he tells me.
  "AUSTIN!!" I heard Sam yell I look at the door to the living room. He comes running in. "Jesus."
  "What's going on?" I asked.
  "Austin's being a freak" he sighs. "Hey Mason!" He smiles.
  "Hey Sam" my dad replies. "You kids be good, for break anything" he tells us as he goes back to his office.
  "Did he try raping you?" I asked Sam he laughs.
  "Close."
  "Yeah not surprised" I shake my head. He grabs himself a water bottle. "So... you really don't have a crush on anyone?" I asked.
  "I do not" he shakes his head leaning on the counter in front of me. "I said I would tell you... and I would."
  "Well ya never know... I mean I am judgmental" I laugh.
  "You're also my closest friend though, rather have your judgment than be wrong" he says. And that kinda hurt considering his judgment of Dylan was on point and I didn't listen.
  "Cool" I said.
  "Cool."

We stare at each other. His green-y hazel eyes boring into mine. It was intense.
  "Is this weird?" I asked breaking the silence. He chuckles a smile breaking out onto his face.
  "Only if you make it" he replies.
  "Ooh, knowledgeable" I say he laughs again.
  "I'm smarter than I look J" he says.
  "I can tell."
  "That's a good thing I guess" he grins.
  "Let's go back" I nod my head to the door.
  "They're kinda hard to handle right?" He asks. "Or is it just me."
  "No you're right, especially cause Austin doesn't like the show. He's a freak.." I state.
  "Right!?"

~

  I lay in bed browsing on my phone bored. It was getting later. My phone starts buzzing and then Sam's name pops up onto my phone.
  "What?" I asked picking it up and putting it on speaker to still go on my phone.
  "Who hurt you!?" He asks.
  "A lot of people" I sigh. "What's up?"
  "I'm bored meet outside in 10?" He asks.
  "Sure" I nod even though he can't see.
  "Cool, Bye" He says.
  "Bye" I said and hung up. I grab my shoes putting them on. I put on a sweatshirt shogun my house keys, phone and money in the pocket. I head out quietly making my way downstairs.
Once I get outside I lock the door as wait on the stairs until I see his car pull up.

  "Hey" I say getting in.
  "Hey" he replies driving off while I put on my seatbelt. "So I gotta question for you."
  "Shoot" I said.
  "So... my parents are leaving for a week tomorrow and I was thinking of having a killer party at my house should I!?" He mocks a girly voice.
  "You're annoying" I roll my eyes but laugh.
"Hey I wasn't kidding" he says letting out a laugh. "Yeah I was, besides my parents" he laughs. "Anyways! Wanna have a slumber party with me?"
"Sure" I shrug.
"Cool" he nods.
"It'll be fun, haven't played video games in a bit so... we're doing it!" I state.
"Obviously" He nods.

We get to the place and go and get our coffees and continue on our journey aka drive around the place... just like every night. The comforting annual drive in the night.

******************************

A/N

Another whatever chapter guys, hope you like it wanna know ya thoughts so tell me. And guys honestly there's WAY MORE TO COME!! Interesting shit guys!! So sit back and enjoy. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽