Birthday

The week flew by quick. It was already Thursday... my literal birthday. The rest of the week literally felt like wind passing by that quick.
"And the birthday girl... is as hot as ever" Sam throws me over his shoulder and I was caught off guard. Austin made me drive with him and his mom because he slept over last night cause we had a late night talking and shit.
"I look the same as everyday" I laugh he puts me down.
"Doesn't mean you're not always hot" He kisses me.
"OH MY GOD GUYS!" Austin pushes us I laugh. "You're cute and all, just don't be that couple" He laughs and Sam rolls his eyes.
"My bitch is finally 17!" Austin says. "And your party's tomorrow and it's gonna be lit!"
  "Ya, ya" I wave him off.
  "HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYY" I was literally pummelled by Caleb and Kyle.
  "Get the fuck off" I groan.
  "Sorry" They day getting off. I stand.
  "I hate that you're older than me by like a month" Caleb says I laugh.
  "You're like my younger brother" I push him he rolls his eyes.
  "It's a month."
  "Still younger" I stick my tongue out.
  "So who's gonna be at the party tomorrow?" Kyle asks.
  "Everyone" Austin states.
  "Dude" I said. Sam puts his arms around my shoulders.
  "I'm sorry! I had too" he shrugs.
  "Whatever, can we not make it a bing that it's my birthday party?" I asked.
  "No, I'm gonna tell everyone" Sam said.
  "No you won't" I say.
  "I'll make a poster saying it's your party" he nods.
  "That's just embarrassing" I laugh.
  "I'll do it," he shrugs.
  "No my house is too pretty for that sign" Austin says I laugh. "It'll embarrass me."
  "There you go" I say. "So ha.ha" I said.
  "Gotta flash guys! I told Mr. Perez that Charlie cheated off of me and Charlie sees me" Caleb says I laugh. "Come on Kyle you know he'll hurt you too" he grabs him and they run.
  "I have a practice test to prepare for our exams. See you guys at lunch" Austin sighs and leaves.
  "Jo!! Happy birthday" Mandy comes up.
  "Hey thanks" I smile.
  "I gotta go, test with Austin" she sighs and leaves too.
  "So what do you want to do today?" Sam asks I turn to him.
  "Nothing, like I've said" I laugh.
  "You have to do something!! Come on it's your birthday" he says.
  "And I'd prefer to sit at home watching movies" I tell him he groans. "You can come over."
  "That's boring."
  "What do you want to do, rob a bank?" I let out a laugh.
  "Ya, why not" he nods.
  "What's wrong with staying in?" I asked.
  "Its your birthday! We could do so much" he laughs.
  "We can do so much everyday" I say. "Plus my dad's buying birthday cake and I want to eat that right away."
  "Alright" he pecks my lips. The bell rings. "Let's go" He says.
  "What class do we have?" I asked.
  "Math" he replies.
  "Oh so we get to just "practice and study" then right?" I asked he nods.

We walk into class.
  "Jo!! Happy birthday!" Andrew yells I roll my eyes as everyone looks at me.
  "No one cares" Jennifer says.
  "No one cares about your Jennifer" Andrew says and I hold back a laugh. I sit down Sam next to me.
  "How does it feel to be 17?" He asks.
  "You should know" I say.
  "I know" he nods. "Just asking."
  "It's ecstatic, I'm a year older than I was yesterday" I say he laughs.
  "Study and stop talking" the teacher says I roll my eyes.
  "You do realize no one is actually studying. They're on their phones" I state the teacher glares at me.
"Jo!" He starts.
"Hey it's her birthday, cut her some slack" Sam says.
"Exactly" Andrew nods.
"I won't cut her slack Jo it's the end of the year. Enough with the talk back" he tells me.
"We still have next year too though" I smile he rolls his eyes.
"Believe me... you bundle won't be in my class next year" he shakes his head I laugh.
"Does some good for us too" I say and he rolls his eyes.
"Study, or else detention" he tells me. I sigh leaning on my desk closing my eyes. I put my book up to make it look like I'm reading which I probably failed.
"Wow, no one will notice you're sleeping" Sam says.
  "I'm not sleeping" I reply. "I'm relaxing, I cannot wait to get home."
  "It's first class" he chuckles.
  "Exactly" I nod.

~

I drop at the lunch table closing my eye's and leaning on Sam. The whole week flies past and then it comes to my birthday and the day just drastically slows down," I groaned Sam puts his arm around me.
  "Birthday bitch, don't be down! What are you doing tonight?" Austin asks.
  "Hanging out with my dad and Sam eating food" I respond, which really sounded amazing right now instead of being in this hell hole.
  "You're not taking her out Sam?" Austin asked like I wasn't there.
  "I didn't want him to" I reply for him.
  "Bitch, you're annoying" He responds I shrug. I open my eye's grabbing the fries they were selling today that I bought. I eat them. "Go out with him!"
  "Who's birthday is it? Mine, let me stay at home if I want" I say eating.
  "Ya, staying at home's the best way to live" Caleb agree's.
  "Of course you agree lame ass, you two are twins in the weirdest way. Anyways, maybe you wouldn't hate life so much today if you actually had a nice day out with your beautiful boyfriend" Austin says, Sam laughs.
  "Austin.." is all I said he sighs.
  "Ok, I'll stop" he shrugs. "Suit yourself, but tomorrow even though it's for you... you're doing what i tell you so you can actually have fun" he tells me.
  "Alright" I nod he grins satisfied. "Want them?" I asked Sam about my fries.
  "Only if you feed me" He opens his mouth I roll my eye's but laugh and shove a whole bunch in his mouth. "Thanks" he smiles mouth full.
  "Close your mouth" I push his face away he laughs.

I saw Austin looking at us with a proud grin.
  "What?" I questioned although i new exactly what he was thinking.
  "Hmm, nothing" he shakes his head I roll my eyes but smile. "Honestly though, I'm always right, so all of you remember that because I can predict the future" he says.
  "Oh my god fuck off" I throw a fry at him he laughs.
  "Where's Mandy?" He asks.
  "I think she had a thing for class. She kind of sucks at school and told me she was behind on one thing in science" I said.
  "Oh right, she's a dumbs but in the best way," he laughs. "Caleb would you ever date her?" He blurts and I almost laugh because I pretty much asked the same thing at the mall the other day.
  "What's with you and Jo? Geez why?" he asks. Austin lets out a small laugh.
  "I'm curious, you both are single, ready to mingle and I think you'd make a good couple" he shrugs eating his food. "Do you at least find her hot?"
  "Obviously" He rolls his eyes back at him.
  "Well that's good, you find her attractive. Do you like her?" Austin asked.
  "Austin, leave me alone" Caleb says. I pull out my phone texting Austin that I'll get Sam to do it.
  "Fine, whatever" Austin sighs. I look up Sam who was watching them he looks down at me.

  "Can you talk to Caleb for us, at least see if he likes her anytime soon?" I whisper.
  "Ya of course" he nods.
  "Thanks" I smile and peck his lips.

~

  "Dad, you home" I ask as me and Sam walk into my house. No answer, probably still at work. I turn to Sam. I open my mouth the talk but he kisses me. I was caught off guard but kissed back. We stumble to the couch he then pulls me onto his lap. I run my hands through his hair his hands on my back. He trails kisses down my neck slowly. It was only 3:30 so dad wouldn't be home for another hour or 2. But that's when we did hear the door jingle. I pretty much jump off of Sam running my fingers through my hair. Dad walks in.
  "Hey" I said feeling my cheeks turn red even though he didn't see anything.
  "Hey, happy birthday" He says with a smile and kisses my head. "Hey Sam" he says to him.
  "Hey" Sam smiles.
  "I'm going to take a shower, figure out what you want for dinner" He tells me I nod.
  "Oof," I mutter when he leaves Sam laughs.
  "Oh! I got you something" he smiles.
  "You didn't have to, I didn't want anything" I said he shrugs. He opens his bag pulling out a shoe box.
  "Here" He smiled while handing me it. I open it and the red checkered vans I wanted were in there. My lips part.
  "Oh my god Sam, this is too much!" I Exclaim pulling them out.
  "It's nothing" He shrugs.
  "Thanks babe" I lean in kissing him.
  "I knew you wanted them" He smiled.
  "Ya obviously they're gorgeous" I smiled.
  "I'm glad you like them" he says.
  "What should we eat for dinner?" I asked.
  "What do you want?" He asked back I lean my head on his shoulder.
  "Pizza?" I question. "Or sushi?" I think about it. "Pizza" I nod he chuckles running a hand up my arm.
  "Pizza it is then" he says I look up at him.
  "I'll go order" I said pecking his lips and jumping up grabbing my phone and head to the kitchen.

After I finish ordering I head out my dad was sitting on the couch with Sam.
  "What'd you order pizza?" Dad asked I nodded. I sit down.
  "Now, I know you're too old for presents and I'm your dad I never know what to get you so here" He gives me money. "400" He grins.
  "Oh my god thanks dad" I laugh. "More money, more coffee" I said Sam laughs.

~

We were sitting on the couch after we ate pizza watching movies it was late now Sam still here. It was nice though. I never liked big things for my birthday although Austin's having a party for me tomorrow.
  "Ok, I have work tomorrow I'm going to bed" dad gets up.
  "Night, love you" I said.
  "If you're staying the night Sam, we've got a spare room" Dad says to him he laughs.

 "Alright" Sam nods and dad heads upstairs to bed. "What was that, I thought me and your dad were cool" he laughs.
  "You are, we're dating now though" I reply. "Don't make the rules, sorry" I laugh with a shrug.
  "Whatever" He pulls me into him. "Coffee?" He asked.
  "Sure" I nod. I grab my sweatshirt and we head out.

Today was nice. Now I gotta plan for tomorrow and the chaos of a birthday party. Oof.

****************************************

A/N

Soooooo much is happening in the next chapter, her birthday party guys. Good things, not to worry. Xoxo.

-Jana