Week 1

1 week later:

It's been an entire week and I've been in my room the whole time. I haven't been to school, I'm too much of a puss to face reality. I've occasionally went downstairs for a drink or food. But mostly just sitting here moping about my life. And how I never want to face anyone. I know Stella and Dylan will for sure try to talk to me. And then seeing Sam will just put my in a sad ass mood cause I ruined everything with him. And plus we're in the same friend group. He's in all my classes. He'll be everywhere.

There's a knock at the door.
"Jo" my dad said. "Can I come in?"
"No" I shake my head even though he's on the other side and can't see.
"Jo, you've been in your room all week, barely coming out. Moping around. I know you don't just not feel good. Can you let me in so we can talk?" He asks.
"Dad" I groan.
"I know you have a sore out here somewhere" he tells me. How does he know that. I get up unlocking the door and opening it and going back to the bed. He walks in sitting down. I lean my head against the headboard.
"Your mom had a spare key to her room" he laughs.
"Really?" I asked he nodded.
"Just in case she got locked out somehow" he says. "So what's up?"
"Life" I sigh.
"Makes sense, but is it Dylan?" He asked.
"Kind of, but also friends" I sigh. "More so friends than Dylan."
"Okay, wanna tell me?" He asks.
"Dylan cheated on me" I reply and I saw the anger pass over him. "With Stella."
"Your friend!?" He asks. I nod he's trying to stay calm. "I knew I never liked him" he sighs shaking his head.
"It's not even about him. He's far from what I care about. It's just Stella. She was literally one of my closest friends" I said. I felt the tears prickle my eyes. "Also me and Sam got into a fight."
"I understand" he pulls me into a hug. I wipe my tears. "What happened with Sam?"
"It was a fight about Dylan" I mutter.
"Of course" he nods. "Listen, this may seem like the end of the world Jo, but rally this is just the beginning. This is experience for you. And I know it sucks, but we all had to go through it. I went through it" he says.
"It sucks dad" I mutter wiping my eyes.
"I know" he nods. "But I guess this is how you find out who your real friends are, and what they're willing to do for you" he tells me. "Me and your uncle Nathan stopped being friends for like a month because I was dating your mom, that's probably only because we hid it from him for a while, but also he didn't think I was good enough" he tells me. I pull away from him.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yeah" he nods. "But then he owned up to what he did and said sorry, then we were inseparable" he chuckles. "And I bet yours and Sam's fight will be minor" he tells me.
"Hopefully" I sigh. "I just don't want to face reality."
"I understand. You can take your time Jo, just think positive" he says I nod.
"Thanks" I said he stands up.
"Don't thank me" he tells me. "If you need anything tell me."
"I will" I nod and he leaves closing the door. I sigh closing my eyes. Exactly Jo, it's not the end of the world.

I groan sliding down under my sheets all dramatic like. But when am I not dramatic.

~

I wake up from my nap to knocking on my door.
"Dad we already talked" I mutter.
"Bitch it's me" Austin walks in.
"Oh god. I'm not willing to talk" I said.
"Shut it, you missed me" he said.
"I did, come here" I open my arms he lays down with me. "It's good to see you."
"Yeah you too, I'm stuck with those childish boys" he rolls his eyes. "You okay?" He asks.
"I'll live" I sigh.
"Just So you know... I ripped both of them new assholes" he tells me. I laugh.
"Thanks" I say. "So does Sam hate me?" I asked.
"Far from it Sweetie" he tells me. "That bitch misses you."
"No way he's gonna forgive me. Plus I'm avoiding everything" I mutter.
"I know you are, but I don't think you should" he tells me.
"I know I shouldn't. But I'm a puss" I mutter.
"Understandable" he nods. "But I'm suffering without my bestie."
"You know, you can still be friends with Stella" I sigh.
"Bitch no!" He gasps. "I've had you since day one, I'm always gonna pick you before anything or anyone" he said.
"I love you" I felt some tears come to my eyes.
"Love you always" He hugs me. "Should we watch something to cheer our souls?" He asks.
"Definitely" I laugh. I grab my computer. "What should we watch?"
"This just came out and it looks super cute" he points out the 'To all the boys I've loved before' movie.
"Okay" I nod pressing it.

~

Austin stayed watching some movies and stuff with me. It was really nice to have him there with me. It was great just seeing him. It made me feel better. I lay in bed on my phone.

School. That was now the thought that was on my mind. Do I go? Do I not? Do I give myself time still? Or is a fricken week enough?

I sigh staring at the ceiling.
If I do go to school... Dylan will probably try to reason with me, his friends probably know shit. Stella will most likely try to reason with me as well. And I don't want to even see them. Then there's the Sam area. It's only been a week, I don't know if that's enough for him. Austin said he missed me but that doesn't mean he's not pissed. He's in pretty much all my classes, sits next to me. I would probably have to avoid him and that's hard since he even sits with us cause he's our friend. So realistically speaking. I'm not ready to go back. Logically thinking, I've missed an entire week and need to catch up. At least Austin brought my homework. But I've got to face the hard truth sometime in life right? But this was a tough one with me. I know I'll just probably decide tomorrow morning instead of giving myself a headache with all my annoying ass thoughts.

I shut off the lights. I wasn't gonna sleep. I grab my phone going on that while I lay in my bed still thinking about everything. Nothing new.

********************************

A/N

Another not so long chapter guys. But I till hope you enjoy it. I'm honestly just excited and writing so much. But anyways tell me your thoughts and you know the drill with everything I say. I'm a rambler. But yeah. Enjoy. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽