Barbecue

We were all sitting around talking and shit, while people came, dad started the barbecue.
  "No, whoever plays cards against humanity will regret it. I'll ruin you, no doubt" I said and Brandon laughs.
  "Dude, I'm competitive. So we definitely need to see that," he tells me I roll my eyes. There's a knock at the door.
  "I'll get it!" Austin jumps up I give him a look but shrug it off. I continue talking to them about cards against humanity which we were gonna play tonight.
  "I'm not kidding. I'll destroy you," I said and Caleb laughs.
  "She'll destroy anyone in anything," he adds and stands.
  "Exactly," I nod. "I'm gonna go get some more drinks," I stand and turn to see who was at the door and then I see Sam there my eyes widen when he smiles.
  "I hope I'm not too late for the barbecue," he says.
  "SAM!" I literally yell and hug him he laughs. Wow, who knew going 5 days without seeing him and I'd even miss his smell.
  "Hey babe," he says and I kiss him.
  "Ew sorry, that was probably a hallmark movie thing," I step away from him.
  "Yeah, you clearly missed me" he smirks.
  "Shut up," I mutter.
  "It smells so fucking good," he says. "Honestly, your dads barbecue's the only reason I came," he tells me.
  "Yeah. Wouldn't be surprised you whore," I said and he laughs.
  "That's new," he says.
  "It suits you," I said. I turn to Austin. "You knew didn't you?"
  "Obviously," Austin nods.
  "You're both whores," I mutter. "I was wondering why you weren't replying to my texts."

  "Yeah, I've been traveling" he shrugs. "Any frat boys I have to worry about?" He laughs. "Where's your dad?"
  "Doing the barbecue," I roll my eyes.
  "Cool, gonna check that shit out. I'll be right back," he tells me kissing me quickly then turning. His smile drops. "I mean I was joking about the frat thing," he says in a low voice to me.

  "Austin invited them. Plus Caleb was a desperate bitch with no friends," I tell him. "Where is Caleb?"
  "Washroom," Austin tells me.
  "Guys, that washroom smells like.." Caleb comes out and see's Sam, his eyes widen. "Dude! What the fuck?" He exclaims and smiles. "Someone finally decent."
  "Hey!" I said and they do their bro thing.
  "I'll be right back," he tells Caleb and heads to the kitchen.
  "Kinda mad you didn't tell me," I hit Austin a bit he laughs shrugging.
  "It's a surprised for a reason," he tells me. I sit down further from Brandon so Sam can sit next to me when he comes back.

Sam walks in a bit later eating something.
  "Dude, your dad needs to make food for our wedding," he sits next to me.
  "Oh my god," Austin says and I roll my eyes.

  "So this is Sam, I'm Brandon. We met your girl at the beach," Brandon butts in. Sam looks at him.
  "Yeah, lucky for you right?" Sam says. "Jo in a bikini makes up for a lot."

Brandon laughs, but I could tell that Sam was wary about him.
  "How did Kyle like you leaving?" Caleb asks Sam.
  "Hated it. But whatever. I didn't even hang out with them much," Sam shrugs. I was actually so happy he's here.
  "So you guys live where?" Brandon asks.
  "New York. Did Jo not tell you?" Sam replies.
  "No, we actually haven't talked much.." Brandon shrugs.
  "Yeah. But what we have seen has been great," Dylan adds.
  "That's because you're obsessed with me without even knowing me," I reply and he laughs.
  "Hey Jo, what happened to you getting us drinks?" Austin asks me.
  "Yeah, whatever. I'll get them now," I stand.
  "Cup of ice too!" Austin tells me and I give him a look.
  "You'll get what I give you," I tell him. I go to the kitchen.
  "Where did Sam come from?" Dad asks with a grin. "Not complaining."

  "I don't know. It was a surprise," I shrug.

  "You happy?" he asks.
  "Why does it matter," I reply grabbing us all drinks.
  "Just asking," he laughs shrugging.
  "I know you're happy about it," I say. "You guys should be dating. Did he meet grams?"
  "No, grams went to get something for me," he replies.
  "Kay, tell us when she's here" I said and went out with the drink and Austin's cup of ice.