Finally

So I stayed home. 1 more day I said to myself. Cause you know. I was still being a puss. Not wanting to deal with them. I sigh leaning back on the headboard. I grab my phone. It was 12:30. I was home alone. My dad at work. Yet I still wanted to stay in bed. I groan dropping my phone.

I needed to start somewhere. Tomorrow I needed to go back to school. I grab my homework off my side table. Today, I finish all this shit ass homework. I grab my pencil with another loud ass sigh. Math first. Here we go.

~

"Jo! You home" my dad walks upstairs and opens my door.
"Yeah" I sigh looking up from my homework. "You're here early" I said. It was 3:00.
"Yeah, still not going to school?" He asks.
"Tomorrow" I reply. He nods.
"I'm gonna go take a shower" he tells me.
"Alright. Just finishing off homework" I reply he nods closing the door and leaving to take a shower.

It's been 3 hours, I still had to finish something off for creative writing. My hand was aching but I wanted to get it over with so I could either take a nap. Or watch a sad movie and cry some more. Cause you know I haven't done that in a long ass time.

I grab my headphones putting in some music as I continue writing my report.

I hear a knock on the door just as my song finishes. I take them off.
  "Jo" my dad says. "You've got a visitor."
  "Just tell Austin to come up" I sigh shaking my head. Probably here to get mad at me for not showing up. I finish my sentence. The door opens.
  "I know I didn't show up today but don't judge me" I said.
  "Yeah you haven't showed up all week" said the voice I was completely not expecting. I look up to see Sam. My lips part surprised.
  "Sam" I say confused.
  "Hey" he says. "Can we talk."
I nod he sits down.
  "I'm sorry" he says. "I was being kind of a dick that night."
  "Dude, I'm pretty sure I was worse" I mutter. "I'm sorry."
  "We both said something's."
  "I thought you hated me" I admit.
  "Never" he shakes his head.
  "Thank god. I've had the worst week of my life" I sigh.
  "Austin wouldn't tell me anything, I tried to push him but nothing" he shrugs.
  "Dylan cheated on me with Stella" I said. I saw the anger in his eyes.
  "Stella?" He asks again I nod. "What the fuck!?"
  "Yeah, we got into a mini argument that night, and I saw them half naked in the room" I tell him.
  "I'm sorry Jo" he sighs.
  "No you were right" I shake my head.
  "Doesn't mean it's okay" he mutters. "You deserve better anyways" he shrugs.
  "Let's just change the topic. It's just all I've had my mind on that night" I said.
  "Right, you ever gonna come back to school?" He asks.
  "I was planning on coming today. Then I bailed cause I was being a puss and I was scared to face reality. Now I've got through you so now I'll probably come back tomorrow" I sigh. "Thanks for coming."
  "Thanks for letting me."
  "I didn't really know it was you" I laugh.
  "Whatever" he laughs back. "I know you missed me."
  "I did" I admit rolling my eyes.
  "So... want coffee?" He smiles.
  "I mean obviously" I nod.
  "Then lets go, and we can catch up" he says.
  "There's nothing to catch up on. I've been in my room for a literal week straight, only came out to eat and drink. I've cried multiple times, and I'm pretty sure my dad thought I was gonna commit suicide" we stand up I slip on my slides and grab my bag and phone. This made me so much happier. This was literally the biggest thing I've been moping around.

I know now I can handle going to school and being happy again. And if they bother me. Fuck. Off.
  "Wow that's sad, you don't seem sad anymore. Because of me right?" He asks with a smile.
  "Shut up" I mutter he laughs.
  "My week kinda sucked too" he sighs.
  "Obviously because of me" I said back.
  "Well I mean, I thought we were never gonna be friends again" he shrugs. "Probably dramatic but whatever, nothing new for me either" he sighs. We get to his car after I tell my dad.
  "Honestly, thanks a lot for coming because, now I know I can face school" I mutter. "I thought it would be weird having to avoid you when we're constantly around each other."
"You don't even care about the Dylan thing?" He asked starting to drive.
  "No as much as I thought" I shrug. "I'm sad about Stella, but she chose this. I had a talk with my dad so I think it made me think more. Plus Austin came over and now you. I think my life is going back together. I mean I've got issues but it's coming back as much as it possibly can" I admit.
  "Good" he nods. "At least it's not effecting you so much that you are doing things."
"I didn't even like Dylan as much as I could've. I was getting to more and more, but I'm more sad about Stella being one of my closest friends" I reply. "I can't and won't ever forgive her."
  "Yeah, That makes sense. It also makes sense that she hasn't been around for the week" he said.
  "Yeah. Thanks to Austin" I laugh.
  "Yeah, makes sense. He seemed pissed for you. And wasn't telling anyone why" he laughs as well.
"Of course" I nod.

We get to the coffee place and go in getting our coffee.
  "Haven't seen you two in like a week" the woman says from behind the counter as we pay for our coffees.
  "Yeah, Jo was being a dick" he said and my jW drops.
"Okay... calm yourself!" I said she laughs.
"Good seeing you guys again" she said giving us our change and we say bye and leave.
  "Asshat" I said when we got to his car.
  "You said so yourself" he chuckles.
  "It's different" I mutter he laughs again.
  "Not by much."
  "Just drive asshole" I laugh.
  "I was gonna do that" he comments.
  "Why are you that way?" I mutter.
  "Believe me Jo, you're the exact same... so deal with it" he said.

My phone buzzes in my pocket I pull it out. Austin's name flashes on the screen.
  "Hello" I answer.
  "Bitch! Where the fuck are you!?" He asks. "You aren't home."
  "I'm with Sam" I reply.
  "Wait what?" He asks. "Ooh!" He squeals. "You guys finally back to normal?"
  "Yeah" I reply.
  "Have you started dating yet?" He asks.
  "You're sick in the head bud" I said.
  "Thank you!" I could hear his smile. "But anyways. Have fun! Ima be waiting for you at your house Kay!?" He said.
  "Cool, probably won't be that long I'll see you" I laugh.
  "Have fun BABES!" He says and we hang up I roll my eyes.
  "Austin?" He asks I nod.
  "Yeah, he's at my house" I sigh.
  "Need to go back?" He asks.
  "Not for a little more" I shake my head he nods. "So, has Stella tried anything?" I asked him.
  "I just saw her try to talk to Austin a couple times. And I think Caleb but Austin got into that and told her to back the fuck away" he shrugs.
  "Yeah, I'm so hoping she doesn't try to talk to me. Or Dylan" I sigh. "I just want to get past it all."
  "Yeah, has Dylan tried to text you at all?" He asks.
  "Yeah" I nod. "And it's annoying., I blocked him."
  "Good he laughs.

I finally felt like things were going back to how they were supposed to. I just so don't want to. Except without Stella as one of my closest friends. And Dylan wasn't even a big problem for me. He was just another fuckboy that girls deal with.

********************************

A/N

Not too long but I hope you guys like it. I really couldn't wait long for them to get back to being friends. I was too eager. Sorry lmao. But enjoy. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽