Kind of a date

Tuesday morning was much better. Way better mood. And Sam got me a coffee before picking me up.

Now it was the end of the day and I was ready to leave. We were going to Kyle's place.
  "Jo" Dylan comes up to me. We didn't talk all day. Maybe because of yesterday I don't know.
  "Hey" I say. I was just about to leave the school.
  "About yesterday. Sorry for getting moody back at you. It's just that you were mad at me I didn't know why" he says. "So sorry" he sighs.
  "No it's fine, I was in a mood a lot of reasons it doesn't matter" I wave it off he nods with a small grin.
  "Wanna go er some food?" He asks. I look around I see Austin, Stella, Sam and the rest talking laughing about something. I was supposed to hang out with them. "Unless you have plans. I don't know we just don't get that much time together" he shrugs. He was right we didn't. And we did the thing with Kyle almost every week.
  "Yeah we can, let em just tell them" I said he nods. I run up to them.
  "Hey guys" I start they all look over. "Dylan wanted to go get food with me. Is it okay if I pass today?" I asked.
  "Of course!" Austin smiles.
  "For him" the guys say but Sam stays silent.
  "Yeah he's my boyfriend" I state.
  "I mean, it's your life you do what you want" Sam shrugs. "He is your boyfriend."
  "Yeah" I nod. Why were they being this way the one time I actually go to hang out with him.
  "Right we have the male version of you anyways" Kyle pats Sam.
  "Except the more douche version" I laugh.
  "Lies" he scoffs. I roll my eyes.
  "I'm going. Have fun" I wave to them. Sam watches me leave. "Let's go" I catch up to him he nods.

We get to his car.
  "Where do you want to go?" He asks.
"It doesn't matter" I shrug.
  "That's not the answer I was hoping for but I have a place in mind" he laughs.
  "Sorry" I laugh back. "So yesterday, you wanted to talk about Friday the barbecue" I bring it up.
  "Yeah" he nods. "It's nothing now though" he shakes his head. Annoying. I want to know. I hate not knowing things. "So Kyle has a crush on you right?" He asks.
"That's what Stella and Austin tell me" I shrug. "He's weird."
  "Yeah. He definitely does. He gives me looks" he chuckles.
  "Yeah. He's weird" I laugh back.
  "But you go to his house like every week all of you" he said.
  "Well he's a friend. It's kind of a tradition" I shrug he nods. I look out the window. I've driven once before with Dylan. And right now he was doing a good job distracting me from his driving. But he's also driving safely.
  "Oh shit" he says turning quickly and my hand grips the door handle tightly. Until now. I take a deep breath trying not to make it obvious.
  "You okay?" He asks. I haven't had to tell him about the accident and all that shit yet. I wanna keep it that way right now.
  "Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I reply.
  "You look a little worried" he responds with a shrug.
  "Just thinking" I shrug it off. I loosen my hand sighing. Just breathe. Don't freak. You've been in a million cars. You were good up until now. You're okay Jo. "So..." I clear my throat. "Where are we going?"
  "I know this diner up there it's pretty good" he says. We weren't in the city area. Well I mean the city area no one can drive. Plus we all kinda lived on the outskirts like 20 minutes away from the city.
  "Cool" I nod.

We got there quickly after. It was nice, brick and modern-y.

The waitress brings us to a table.
  "What can I get you guys to drink?" He smirks. I personally think her dress is too short. But whatever. She looks over to Dylan. He smiles back.
  "I'll get water" he tells her.
  "Yeah same" I nod. She nods.
  "Be right up" she bites her lip. Oh my god. What is this a movie. She sways her hips as she walks away.
  "So, we don't go out together that much" he says.
  "Yeah, well I guess we've got different schedules" I laugh.
  "Yeah" he nods. He looks at me I see while I look at the menu. "You look good."
  "Thanks" I laugh glancing up at him he smiles. I blush a little.
  "Why was that weird for you?" He asks.
  "What do you mean?" I asked back.
  "You were awkward. I can tell" he chuckles. "I mean it's cute but.."
  "I don't know. I'm an awkward person" I laugh. "Just look at your menu" I wave him off he laughs.
  "Alright" he nods. I shake my head with a small smile.

~

  "Here's the bill" the girl comes back to us looking at Dylan.
  "I can pay" I offer getting out my wallet.
  "No!" He gives me a look taking the bill from her.
  "How old are you?" The girl asks him.
  "17" he tells her.
  "Oh" she smirks. "You guys on a date?" She glances at me.
  "Yeah" he nods giving her the bill book back. I was just ready to leave. I see him glance at her cleavage. Of course. "Let's go Jo" he tells me standing. Up stand up as well.
  "Thanks for coming" she smiles and we leave. It was already 5:30. Jeez.
  "Should I take you home now?" He asks.
  "Yeah" I nod. I kinda just wanted to be home to relax. And to be honest, it pissed me off that he looked at her tits. Don't be such a guy.

We get into his car I buckle up silently.
"You okay? You're a little quieter than usual" he says starting to drive.
"Yeah" I nod. "I'm a little tired. I like to take naps after I eat" I said he laughs.
  "Yeah. It's nice" he nods.

The rest of the ride was silent. With a small bit of music playing in the back. It was a little awkward. I didn't know why. But I didn't like it. He stops in front of my house.
  "See you later" I said unbuckling my seatbelt.
  "Yeah I'll text you" he says.

I get it shutting the door and going straight to the house. Why was that weird.

I shut the door throwing my bag on the couch.
  "Jo?" My dad says. "You weren't at Kyle's long" he says walking out into the living room.
  "Because I wasn't with them I was with Dylan" I reply.
  "Oh" he says I nod. "Cool" He said.
  "I think I'm gonna go to Kyle's" I tell him.
  "Yeah okay. I'm doing some work" he tells me I nod. Why is everything awkward. I He's upstairs. I put on my comfy shorts and a sweatshirt and slip on my van slides grabbing my phone and heading out. Thankfully Kyle didn't live far either. We all loved relatively close to one another.

I got there 15 minutes later. Everyone's cars up front. I walk into the house. It was silent but I heard noise downstairs. I open the door from downstairs and start making my way down there. I walk into the room they all look at me.
  "Oh hey Jo" they said. I drop onto a beanbag chair.
  "Hey" I reply.
  "How was your date. It wasn't as long as expected" Caleb says.
  "Yeah. It was alright. Kinda awkward" I shrug.
  "Why?" Sam asks looking at me.
  "I don't know, whatever anyways. Where's Stella?" I asked.
  "She went home cause she was 'bored'"" Austin rolls his eyes.
  "Of course" I sigh.
  "So what? You just told your boyfriend. 'Oh I'm just gonna go hang out with friends instead of you right now?' Cause we all know he would hate that" Sam says.
  "No" I say. "I told him I was probably gonna take a nap" I admit and Caleb laughs loudly.
  "Wow" Caleb claps. "Classic Jo."
  "Shut up" I roll my eyes. "Can we changer eh topic? How many people has Sam beat today?"
  "All of us" Kyle responds.
  "Nice" we high five. "Now someone play me!" I get up sitting down in front of the tv grabbing a controller.
  "Finally someone almost as good as me" Sam sits next to me.
  "Almost?" I scoff.
  "Still don't beat me" he smirks.
  "Whatever. I have" I state.
  "Who knows if I let you."
  "Asshole."

****************************

A/N

Not my longest chapter but... Guys!! We're getting closer and closer to our DRAMA!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to write it. Except there might be a turn you guys... don't like it. But you'll survive. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter. Tell me your thoughts guys! Ya know. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽