Long night

Friday:

Friday came around quickly and we were leaving Monday. So our time in California was quickly coming to an end. And tonight was the party.

"Do I look okay?" Austin asks posing for me. He was wearing some bright pink shorts and a button down short sleeve top with some buttons open.
"Sexy," I smile.
"Now please wear this," he shoves a white dress, thick straps and it looked like it would be a bit short.
"Another dress?" I asked with a sigh.
"Come on. Try it," he says sitting on the bed.
"If I don't like it, I'm not wearing it," I tell him he grins and nods. I was only in my bra and underwear so I look at the dress and Sam walks in.

"Sorry. Grabbing my phone," he says and I see he eyes me. He grabs his phone from the side and watched me the whole way. I pull the dress over me just as he leaves. When I get comfortable. I look into a mirror.
"This is short," I said pulling it down. But it did look good.
"You look so hot," he tells me.
"Austin," I mumble. The only problem for me was the length. Just like that other dress.
"If you don't want to, you don't have to. But I'm just saying you look super hot and fresh ugh I'd bang. Facts. And I'm gay," he tells me.
"I mean it's nice," I admit. "I don't know."
"Whatever you want," he shrugs with a small grin. "Last party in California."
I look at myself and turn pulling it down.
"Fine," I sigh.
"YAY!!" He jumps up smiling. "Ugh. I'm excited."
"You're not forcing makeup on me. I'm doing like my eyebrows and some mascara. That's all," I tell him he nods. I go and grab my brown pencil and into the washroom. I fix those up, put on some mascara and keep my hair straight and down.
"You're perfect."
"Far from that," I laugh. "But thanks."

We would be leaving in less than an hour. I sit on the bed getting a pair of socks and grabbing my bag and shoes and we head downstairs. Sam was watching something with Caleb. I drop my shoes to the side putting my bag on top of it. I pull my dress down.
"I'm gonna go eat bread," I fell Austin heading to the kitchen. Grams was in there making cookies. She smiles when she sees me.
"You look beautiful," she tells me.
"Thanks. Austin dressed me," I laugh grabbing some french bread. "Can't wait to eat those tonight."
"Well what are you guys going?" She asks.
"In less than an hour," I reply she nods.
"They'll be here," she laughs.
"Where's dad?" I asked.
"I think he's outside talking to someone for work... that's what he told me," I look past her out the back door.
"Oh... ok," I nod. I know he wouldn't just on a Friday be talking to work at night right now. I grab more bread and head out to the back. When I walked out there. His back was facing me and he was slumped. He didn't hear me.
"Dad," I said closing the door behind me and he sips up, wiping his eyes and turning slightly.
"Ya. Are you going now?" He asks. He was crying.
"No," I shake my head.
"Oh what's up?" He asks.
"Are you okay?" I asked taking a step forward.
"Ya. I just talked to some work friends about something," he lies and I sigh.
"Don't lie dad," I say and sit next to him. His eyes were red. "What's up?"
"Nothing," he shrugs I give him a look. "I'm just thinking about your mom."
"Ya," I nod.
"You know, cause your grandma and the house," he tells me and I nod again.
"Hey," I put my arm around him leaning my head on his shoulder. "It's okay to cry," I tell him. "You're in her childhood home, with her mom. It makes sense. Don't try to hide it from me," I tell him.
"You shouldn't be the one making me feel better about these things," he says.
"Ya I should. It's not a one way street dad. You can come to me for anything," I say.
"I know. Thanks," he smiles. "You remind me so much of her," he shakes his head. I don't reply. "You better cover up... if you're gonna go out," he tells me.
"I know," I laugh. "I brought an entire sweatshirt too."
"Good," he laughs. "How did you know I was out here. And lying?"
"Well grams said you were talking to work. And it's a Friday night, I knew it wasn't true," I tell him and he laughs again. "Want some bread?"
"Sure," he grabs some. The sun was setting. It was 8 something.
"Sorry to break the sentimental moment. But we're leaving," Austin says and we both turn.
"Ok," I nod. I turn to dad.
"Go have fun. I'm good now," he tells me. "Be back before 4:00 am," he tells me.
"I'll probably be back at 12" I laugh standing. "See ya" I says and run over to Austin. When we et to the front door Sam looks at me eyes widening.
"Why have I not seen you yet?" He asks as I grab my vans putting them on.
"I was outside," I shrug grabbing my bag that had my sweatshirt in it and more. I grab my phone and I still had bread. Austin and Caleb leave.
"You look so good," Sam checks me out. I smile.
"Thanks."
"Again with the dresses Jo. Are you trying to do something here?" He asks.
"Austin... again?" I tell him and we leave yelling out bye. I put up the bread to him as if asking him if he wants some and he takes a bite from my hand.
"Thanks," he says and we go to our rental car and Sam is the driver and we leave.
I was hoping dad was good. I didn't want him to be sad and no one helping him out with it. I didn't like the idea. It made me feel weird.