Crazy

"Wow guys it's already Thursday!" Austin says. "Tomorrow is the party!!" He exclaims. "Oh my god....."
"Chill" I shrug. This week had flown by really quick. And Dylan... he was being weird lately. Yesterday he was being just awkward and. I don't know. Maybe I'm tripping out about it. I see him. Maybe I should talk to him. "I'll be right back" I tell them and head to his locker.

"Hey stranger" I said. He turns.
"Oh hey" he grins lightly. "You coming to the party with me tomorrow?" He asks.
"Um... I don't know" I shrug. He gives me a look. "I was contemplating it. I might not go."
"Why?" He asks hiking his backpack onto his shoulder more. "That makes no sense" he scoffs.
"What do you mean?" I laugh. "It does. I don't need to go to every party."
"Well I mean... you are my girlfriend Jo" he says. "Like I'm popular. It brings you into that crowd. It's kind of expected of you to show up to every party I'm at" he shrugs. I laugh again.
"Ok" I scoff. "First of all... its not expected. And I said I might not go" I mutter.
"Well I think you should, people are wondering why were more distant than most couples" he shrugs.
"It's been a couple weeks Dylan, I don't need to be all up on you" I say.
"That's the thing... you aren't on me at all" he looks at me shaking his head. "I'll see you later."
He walks away. My lips part. What the fuck. I watch him walk away. What was that. I sigh, I see Austin at his locker.

I go up to him.
"Hey, have you noticed that Dylan's been weird?" I asked.
"Why?" He asks shutting his locker.
"He's being kind of douche-y" I shrug.
"I don't know" he shrugs. "Hire coming tomorrow right?" He asks.
"I don't think so" I sigh.
"You need come!! Please!!" He pouts we start walking.
"But Austin" I groan.
"Jo!! I need you! Best friend!!" He says. I laugh.
"Maybe" I shrug.
"Yay!" He smiles.

~

I sat down at lunch.
"So is it just me or is there something up Dylan's ass?" Sam asks.
"Yeah he's being a real douche bag" I said.
"Why what happened?" He asks.
"He was just composing out how I am as a girlfriend... and the party cause I said I might not go" I shrug. "He was saying how he's popular and 'I'm expected to be at parties with him'" I roll my eyes.
"Did you try asking what's wrong?" Austin asked.
"He just walked away after" I mutter biting into my pizza.
"Asshole move" Sam scoffs I nod.
"But I do believe you should come to the party!! I need you bestie" Austin says again I laugh.
"I said we would see" I shrug. "I gotta figure out what's wrong with Dylan tomorrow morning" I roll my eyes. "Cause he's obviously got a problem with how I am as a girlfriend."
"Or he can just suck it up because da who you are and stop being a complete asshole" Sam says.
"Yeah" Austin nods. "Just talk to him tomorrow maybe somethings up right now" Austin shrugs I nod.
"I gotta... go. I need to print something in the library" Sam says with a sigh. "I'll be back" he rolls his eyes.
"Have fun printing" I wave.
"I'm sure I will" he nods. I look at Austin. Stella, Caleb and Kyle were all talking.
"You're coming" he tells me.
"Where?" I asked.
"To the party" he tells me.
"We'll see about that" I point out.
"Bitch you are coming. Don't care what you say!" He says.
"Mmkay" I sigh.

We finished lunch. And today was going by super fast, and weird. And I didn't like it. I kinda wanted to just go home watch tv and eat.

I sit in class tapping my pencil on my desk like always. I lean my head on my hand bored.
"Sam" I turn to him he looks at me. "Should I go tomorrow?" I asked.
"Do you want to?" He asks.
"I don't know" I shrug. "If I do will you come? And drive me and help me?" I asked. He chuckles.
"Yeah of course" he nods.
"Cool, is Dani still here?" I asked.
"She is indeed" he nods.
"Cool, I gotta see her again before she leaves" I said.
"I'm sure she'd like that too" he nods.
"Everyone would" I smile.
"Yeah. Sure."
"Shut up" I said.
"I was agreeing" he shrugs.
"In the most sarcastic way possible. Asshat."
"I don't think so" he shakes his head. "Shut up and pay attention now."
"Trash" I sigh. "I was talking about you."
"I know" he nods.

~

I walk into my house with a long ass sigh. Sam was over now too.
"Food? Drink?" I asked.
"No I'm good" he shakes his head.
"I was gonna tell you to get it yourself anyways" I laugh we sit down on the couch.
"Yeah. I assumed so" he nods. I grab the remote.
"Rick and Morty?" I asked.
"Of course" he nods.
"Cool," I reply. "I might fall asleep honestly" I say.
"That's fine" he shrugs. "I might also. Who knows."
"Cool."
"Stop saying that" he laughs.
"Sorry it's a thing" I laugh back.
"Like whatever?" He asks.
"Maybe" I shrug back.
"Cool."
"Shut up and watch the show Sam" I smack his arm he laughs.
  "If you go to the party" he starts. "Would it be for Dylan?" He asks.
  "No probably Austin" I sigh. "Why?" I asked.
  "Because I don't think he deserves for you to please him" he shrugs.
  "Yeah" I shrug. "I'll see tomorrow."

~

And me and sam both fell asleep on the couch. Then we woke up at 11:00. Guys that's like 7 hours of sleep.
  "Oh my shit" I said.
  "I know" he laughs rubbing his eyes.
  "I need a coffee" we say in unison and laugh. "Let's go?" He asks I nod. It was dark in the room my dad was probably asleep. The tv light was the only thing providing us light. Sam grabs his keys I slip on my slides and we head out.
  "I honestly can't believe we slept that long" Sam says once we get into his car.
  "Yeah... 7 hours" I laugh.
  "So we definitely aren't sleeping tonight then" he chuckles I nod.
  "How did we even fall asleep?" He asks.
  "I think we just blacked out" I laugh. "Like I don't even remember falling asleep."
  "Same."
  "Weird" we laugh.

We get tour coffees and of course staff driving around. It wasn't the middle of the night like 3am like when we usually go so people were still up and driving as well.
  "So" he says sipping on his drink.
  "So" I said back. He stops at a red light and looks at me.
  "Real talk now" he said.
  "What's up?" I asked.
  "Does Dylan know about your mom? Ask all that?" He asks.
  "No" I admit.
  "Why?" He asks.
  "I'm not that girl that goes around telling people my life story to feel pity and sympathy, he knows she's dead but nothing else" I said.
  "Yeah. But he's your boyfriend" he shrugs. "I mean, you told me pretty quick" he shrugs.
  "We became friends quickly" I say.
  "Right" he nods.
  "It's just different with Dylan" I shrug. "I'm not even like... that close to him."
  "Yeah" he nods again. "Sorry to get deep."
  "No it's fine" I shrug. "So... here's a real question I haven't asked you" I said with a smile.
  "What?" He starts driving again.
  "Coffee... or slurpees?" I asked. My lips part.
  "Oh my god... that's a fucking hard one" he says.
  "Yeah dude I know" I nod.
  "How about you?" He asks.
  "I can't choose" I shrug.
  "I don't think I'll be able to" he sighs. "It depends on the time, place and feeling."
  "I completely agree" I nod.
  "This is hard J" he says.
  "J?" I question.
  "Just came up with it. Short for Jo obviously" he nods.
  "Is Jo no short enough?" I laugh he chuckles.
  "Not for me no" he says.
  "Cool."

******************************

A/N

This chapter was all over the place guys... sorry. It was not my best! But I needed this filled!! Cause the next one is big and scary and exciting. Just prepare. But anyways. I hope you annoyed of what this chapter was... wasn't good but still. Tell me your thoughts I guess lmao. Sorry. Xoxo.

-Jana🤙🏽