Chapter 23: Voices

Lisa Pov.

"Jennie, I need to tell you something.", I said as I looked at her straight into her eyes. I can't keep this a secret to her, I can't even be genuinely happy when I'm with her if I'm keeping something to her.

Are you sure you're gonna tell her?

She might get hurt, can you bare seeing her cry again?

Shut up! Why am hearing these? what are these!?

I'm you, these are your thoughts, and you were thinking the same things as me.

Think about it..Jennie loves you right?

Shut up! Shut up! shut up!

"Lisa."

She loves you but you're only going to make her cry. Cause you can't do anything about it, you'll end up marrying your bestfriend.

I said shut up!

"Lisa!"

I was snap out of these thoughts again. When I heard Jennie's voice. And felt her squeezing my hands.

My trembling hands.

And without thinking..

"My mom wants me to marry Rosè.", I mumble without looking at her.

Then I felt a droplet of water falls down at the back of my hand.

One, two, three droplets until I couldn't count it anymore, cause my eyes started to get blurry.

Those tears wasn't from Jennie, but from mine. I felt something weird that I couldn't explain to myself. My heart suddenly felt heavy, I felt scared, I was scared of myself.

But then I felt Jennie's hand pulled my head and lean it on her shoulder, and her other hand was holding my hands tight.

"I won't marry her Jennie. Please trust me. And I'm really sorry for keeping this to you since last night.", I mumbled between my sob. Jennie was silent but she was patting my head gently.

"Shss, I know you didn't want it. And it's enough.", Jennie said now rubbing my shoulder trying to calm me down.

"And I trust you. I'm glad that told me about it even it's an hours late. But hey you're still better than me, and said it to me earlier than what I did.", Jennie said, and it made me feel at ease that she wasn't mad at me. But was she really ok?

-----------------

Jennie Pov.

Lisa cried. It was the first time that I saw her cry. And I didn't know how to react, I was hurt yes. Hearing her marrying someone else was a big shock to me. I felt something odd? something was wrong, and it's not just about her marrying that girl. Which I know she didn't want to. But there's something about Lisa that I felt she wasn't sure herself as well.

I need to find out what is it, so I could help her. Because I can't stand seeing her looking helpless like this.

I kept her company until she stopped from crying. We just stayed in silent for a long minutes, her breathings calm down, I didn't hear anymore sob coming from her. So I took a glance on her face which is leaning on my shoulder, her eyes was close? Did she fell asleep?

"Lisa?", I mumble but I didn't hear any response. Okay, she really did fell asleep. I slowly moved my body and detached it from her as I gently laid her head on my bed. And lifting her feet up so she could lie on my bed.

I bent down and level my head resting my chin above my arm which is rested at the bedside now watching her sleeping soundly, I tuck her hair at the back of her ear so I could see all her features with my bare eyes.