Chapter 46: Overwhelming

At Seoul National University Hospital

"I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..please stay with me. Please..please.." The girl mumbled as she cries, while holding her lovers hand firmly, she didn't want to let go, and followed the stretcher being dragged by two nurses going inside the emergency room in haste. The sound of everyone in panic is all that can be heard inside the room yet the girl holding the person lying on the stretcher can only hear the sound of her lover's gasping for air through the oxygen mask covering her small face.

While..

The girl lying on the stretcher who was filled with blood dripping on her head, bruises with blood covering her arms and legs, even her clothes was also stained with blood, was panting heavily.

The girl's eyes was half liddedly open as she looked at her lover's vivid image, crying for her. Her hearing wasn't working either, and all she can hear now was a long beeping sound echoing on her ears.

She wanted to talk but her voice was nowhere to be found, and it was even hard for her to breathe. Her whole body was aching, but she kept her eyes open even if it's hard.

Even if she was already feeling sleepy.

But what's keeping her stubborn to stay awake was the blur vision of the person she loves. Afraid that if she closes her eyes, she will never see this person in front of her.

"Ma'am, this is the farthest you can get. Let us take care of her, and please wait outside.", One of the nurse said as she hold the weeping girl in her place with both her hands. While the other nurse opens the door of the operating room.

"No, no, no I need to stay with her please. Let me stay with her." The girl exclaimed shaking her head, while she held her lover's hand tight. Refusing to let go.

"Please cooperate ma'am, we'll do our best to save her.", The nurse said while he was pulling the girl's body away from the patient.

"But she needs me, I can't leave her alone. Please let me stay with her." The girl beg still refusing to let go. Her cries was echoing all over the hallway, the nurse was having a hard time trying to detached the patient from the person.

Until.

"Lice!", Seulgi shouted as at their back, getting the attention of the nurse who was holding Lisa.

"Please take a hold your friend here.", The nurse said and went at the end of the stretcher and letting go of Lisa. While Seulgi nods and held both Lisa's arms intact while the nurse started to push the stretcher going inside the operting room.

"Please save her please. I'm begging you please, don't let her die..please..", Lisa cried even harder, as she released Jennie's hand. And as soon as she let go of Jennie, she dropped on her knees, looking at her hands that was covered in blood.

"I was supposed to be the one lying in there, and not her." Lisa wailed, shaking her head. As her hands started to tremble.

"This is all my fault, because of this stupid desease, my fault, my fault, my fault!", Lisa mumbles while she kept slamming her head with both her palm. Seulgi was crying, her lips pursed and her hands clenching tight. She kneeled and level her body as she tapped her friends shoulder.

"It wasn't your fault Lice, if there is someone here that should be blame it was me. I'm really sorry, I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have let myself lose patience. Please blame it all on me, I'm so sorry.", Seulgi mumbled, her voice became hoarse, feeling the guilt consuming her whole self. That all that came out of her mouth was 'sorry'.

-------------

After 30mins in the operating room.

Lisa's mother came at the hospital. Worried and in panic, as Seulgi informed her what happened to Lisa and specially to Jennie, she didn't waste time and rushed her way at the hospital.