Chapter 60: Coffee

Jennie Pov.

I walked in haste, escaping that person again. Even I've heard everyone calling out my name, I didn't stop. All I wanted was to get away from that person who gave me the biggest heartache I could ever imagine. The biggest dissapointment I would ever experience.

"Jennie!"

I continued walking even it's Lisa who called my name.

I noticed that I've been walking along the roadside. Far away from the restaurant. And felt my something wet falling along my cheeks, that I quickly wiped.

Until I felt a tug.

Turning my body around. And wrapping it warmly.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I have interfered.", Lisa muttered at my shoulder while she cupped the back of my head and burying my face on her chest.

"He's the reason why suffered half of my life, I would have understand if he left us when I haven't even know how to speak. If I was so young when he left us, maybe those dissapointment I felt right now will never be this worst." I started to speak between my sob, tightening my grip at the hem of Lisa's shirt.

"But no, he left us at those times that I badly needed a father. A father who would lift me up when I feel down, a father who I expect to be strong when everything is messed up. I trusted him to stay, I always forgive him whenever he fucked up on something. We gave him chance, unlimited chances to do what's right. But-", I clenched my eyes closed, still sobbing on Lisa's chest, but I felt Lisa's hand gently rubbing my back while she's listening.

"But one day, I came home. My mother crying helplessly. My little sisters haven't eaten anything since morning until I came back. I was exhausted myself trying to earn money while studying so I wouldn't be a burden. I wanted to help them. Help him so he wouldn't complain that his tired.", I weak smile escaped my lips, while a tried to pull away from Lisa's hug. Looking up and facing her, she was looking at me with worries as she pursed her lip tight. Waiting for me to continue.

"Then what did he do? He never thanked me, he never appreciated all my efforts. There's only one thing I'm expecting him to do, and it's to be by our side. No matter how hard it is, because he's our father he should be our strength. But he did the opposite, I came home, and saw everyone trying to stop him. While my mother was watching him packing his things crying." , I cried even harder, as I remember my worst nightmare.

"I'm sorry.", Lisa mumbled softly, as she held my jaw with both her hands, lifting it up and planting a gentle kiss in my forehead.

"He's the worst person that I badly wanted to forget. I hope it was him that I've forgotten and not you.", I said as I encircled my arms around my wife's torso hugging her tight still crying.

"Please don't say that.", Lisa said and returning my hug, embracing me tight. But suddenly I remembered what she said a while ago.

"Jennie, I was the one who asked him to meet us."

I quickly separated myself from her, and furrowed my brow looking at her. She looked at me with narrowed eyes and maybe wondering why I'm looking at her suspisciously.

"What did you say earlier again? You asked him to meet us? Did I heard it right?", I asked and halfliddedly eyeing her. She nods and bit her lip, looking guilty.

"Wait, I'll explain it to you. But I have to call them because they're probably be waiting for us.", Lisa said, while she dialed someone on her phone.

"Mrs. Kim, mom. I'm sorry. But can you wait for us a little bit more? I'll just talk to my wife. Please you may start your breakfast without us, I don't want the kids to starve waiting for us.", Lisa said, talking apologetically with my mother, I'm also confused why is mom with him. But I'll reserve that question later. As I waited patiently with Lisa to end the call. Which she did after a minute.