Chapter 31

Lukes POV

"Murder?" I spoke in disbelief "Cara wasn't involved though was she?" I added.

"It was her idea Luke. You need to do more then just be there for her" She whispered.

I know she's broken but come on! Why would you murder someone? I want to know the reason behind this but I don't want to push.

"Was there a reason she killed someone?" I asked in a shakey voice.

"We honestly don't know. This boy was saying out of order things to her and her and her gang killed someone" She cried.

Cara doesn't look like the murdering type. She's a broken teenager with a traumatic past. I thought I had fixed her. Clearly not.

"Mum! You home?" A girl called out and walked into the kitchen. I saw that it was Katy.

"Omg! Luke!" She screeched.

"Katy babe. Lukes not in the mood. Go upstairs and get out of your uniform. Then we can go out to get some chips or something" Louise said to her and she tore her gaze from me to her mum.

"Okay fine" She sighed.

Louise looked back at me then opened her mouth to talk but my phone rang and stopped her.

I looked at the calller ID and it said 'Ashton'

"Luke you better come home. The police are here and they need all the household members" He panicked.

"Have they said what they wanted?" I asked.

"No they won't say until you get here! Hurry up!" He raises his voice and I hung up.

"Louise I best go something came up at home. I have to go. Thank you for the tea" I said and she nodded.

I walked towards the door and let myself out.

*
*
*
*
*
*
I opened the door and sitting on the sofa was 5 police officers in full uniform. It was completely silent. All that could be heard was the muffled voices coming from the radios they have attached to their belts.

"Mr.Hemmings isn't it?" The women officer said.

"Yeah?" How the hell does she know my name!

"Can you tell me where Cara Richards was this morning?" She asked in a dull voice.

What is going on?

"She went to school?" I said as if it was obvious.

"You dropped her off at school then?" The other officer who was a man said.

"N-no. She walks to school by herself and some friends with her...." I trailed off

"Have you met these friends of hers?" He asked.

"No"I bluntly spoke.

What the hell has happened.

"Where is she now Mr.Hemmings?" The women spoke.

"Probably with her friends" I admitted. Should I really be saying all this?

"We found Cara outside her school with a highly known gang sir. Was you aware of this?"He said and my heart started beating fast.

"Erm...No." I lied. Its so obvious when I lie.

"Cara is down in a cell now Mr.hemmings. We was callled by a teacher at the school who was worried. She was found with a knife and 300g of illegal substance stashed in her pocket" She spoke with no emotion in her voice.