Chapter 42

Lukes POV

Have you ever felt your heart shatter at the sight of the person you love the most numb beneath you? I have. Right not actually.

She slipped herself from the top floor to land on the balcony of the floor underneath.

My heart dropped and my legs went to jelly. I quickly dragged my long legs to the floor beneath so I could get to her broken body.

I saw her laying the wet concrete floor. The blood from her body mixing into the rain water that was collected into the dips of the floor.

"Call a ambulance!" I cried out to Shay who was fiddling about with his phone. He dialled 999 and requested for a ambulance. They said they will be 10 minutes.

I knelt down to her broken body and checked her pulse. It was slow but still going. A slight bit of relief was lifted that maybe we can rescue her. I scooped her up into my arm and cried. I rubbed the dirt out of her hair and softly played with it. 

A slight wriggle came from my arms along with a mumbled.

"l-luke" a voice lower then a whisper spoke.

"Yeah babe?" I sniffled.

"Don't let me go" She said so quiet I barely heard her over the traffic below us,the summer rain and the sound of my heavey breathing.

A paramedic rushed to my side and I pulled away from holding her. The women in the bright green uniform checked her over and a man pulled out a bed to lay her on. They lifted her fragile body onto the bed and into the ambulance.

"We don't have anymore room left in the ambulance.  You can visit your girlfriend later. Sir" The man told me.

Girlfriend?

She doesn't want me.

But I want her so much.

The ambulance turned the sirens on and speeded down the slopes and into the roads headed towards the hospital.

"She'll be okay Luke. I know it. She's survived much worse then this. Trust me" He told me.

I nodded as i'm not in the mood to talk.

"I'm gonna go home and tell all the boys whats happened. Thank you for bring me here" I smiled and walked down to the bottom of the building. I dragged myself back to my shared appartment getting drenched in the heavy rain that fell making my mood worse.

Once I reached the building I shook my head to get the excess rain off of my hair so it wasn't dripping down my face. 

I walked up the stairs to reach our flat. 

I reached into my pocket to get the key to the flat but to realise that I must of left them in the flat.

I knocked loudly a few times. Moments later the door opened and stood Michael shirtless smiling which soon faded when he saw the state of my face.

I walked in and lent against the door. I sighed loudly then started to speak.

"Its about Cara" I started and took a deep breathe "She's in hospital. She jumped off of a building and now she's been rushed into hospital. She's breathing...But only just" I sniffled. I need to hold myself together.

"We best go see her then" Ashton sighed and put a shirt on.

I went into my room and changed into a Greenday shirt and a flannel shirt then I put on black jeans with black vans. I sorted out my hair then walked out and met the boys in the cab.