Chapter 41

Cara's pov

I dragged my bruised body back to my shared apartment while rubbing the smudge mascara caused by my tears that were spilt as I walked down the long road. My converse were splashing in the puddles that were caused by the heavy rain. Thunder boomed down loudly causing me to jump. My speed increases. And to make this day worse the apartment is 30 minutes away.

I decided to walk into mc donalds to freshen up and make it look less obvious how rough I look.

I looked in the mirror and my eyes were bright red and on my left eye it was black and purple from my bruise that was made there.

I grabbed my foundation bottle and rubbed it all over my face until the scratches and bruises from the past few days events were covered up and barely able to be seen. I done some think eyeliner on the top lid so the black eye was made less noticeable. I put on thick mascara then brushed my hair. I sprayed some deodorant then walked out and headed to the counter to buy a vanilla milkshake to keep me going. Since James and I got together my eating has stopped, he said I need to 'lose weight' so I have been. I've gone from a size 14 to a size that I have to tie a hair band at the side of my size 8 jeans. I put my hand over the large indent in my hips and felt my heartbreak at the fact that my body isn't functioning with my body like it should. I pushed the door open stepping back outside into the storm.

"You're mad if you're going out in this weather!" A women yelled so I could hear her over the sound of the thunder bangs and the heavy rain hitting the cold path.

I am mad. Complete and utterly mad.

"I know but it could get worse later! Best to get home!" I yelled then smiled. Squinting so I could see her face. She gave me a disgusted look then walked back into the small busy fast food restaurant.

*
*
*
By the time I got home my clothes were made 10x heavier and my hair was dripping. I took a quick look in the mirror I take around and saw that all my make up was running. 

I unlocked the door and dipped my head down.

"Hey" Ashton smiled.

"Hello" I mumbled keeping my head low.

I ran into my room to get changed into something that would cover up my badly bruised back and make me look at least a tiny bit more curvy.

I looked through my draws and saw only crop tops and tops that wouldn't cover any of the bruises that were imprinted on my body.

I took my wet top and jeans off then threw them in the landuary basket.

I'm just Luke wouldn't mind me stealing one of his shirts.

I went into his draws and searched for one that he never wears.

"Cara? W-what happened to your back?" A fimilar voice spoke and my heart dropped.

"L-Luke..." I stuttered and pulled this plain black shirt over my head. It fell mid thigh like all my other shirts.

"What's happened?" He said walking closer to me. 

"I fell down the stairs" I lied.

*Two days ago*

I fell to the ground as James'  fist jabbed into my stomach making me crying in pain. I tried to pulled my weak half naked body up so I was standing but he punched me in the eye. No doubt leaving a bruise there. As my weak body hit the floor his foot repeatedly kicked me in the back. He got a fist full of my hair and smashed me into the wardrobe.

"Where's your Luke now?" He spat "Your not leaving me. Not again" He added and then threw me to the floor.

What have I done?

I will never escape James' awful trap.

PRESENT

"Did James do this to you?" He spoke balling his fists.

God Luke you can detect my lying so well.

"No" I lied

"Don't like to me Cara" He said resting his hands on my hips.

"Look what he's done to you! I can feel how much your hurt so as my hands touch you" He cried.

"I'm sorry. I'm a mess" I cried. I pulled away from his grip and tugged some leggings up my legs and tied up a different pair of converse to my feet.

"I won't be here to bother you anymore" I sighed

I know where to go and I know what to do.

I headed out the door leaving 4 confused boys behind the door that dead or alive I will always call home

*
*
*

Luke's POV

I got into the taxi and headed to Cara's work to see someone that knows here much better then I do.

I walked into the cafe she works in and sitting at the table with a coke in his hand was Shay.

"Can we talk?" I spoke and he jumped at my sudden appearance.

"Yeah sure.." He said confused.

"Its about Cara. She's with James Mcvey and he's abusing her I know it. Even though she may deny it I can tell she's lying. Look Shay. I don't know her as much as you do! I need her help. I'm scared she's going to do something she'd regret and I wouldn't be able to live without her. I've been calling her but it say theres no service--" I blabbered on.

"I know where she is. The only place in the city without reception" He said and stood up handing his apron to a young girl that had just walked in.

"Let me just call my boyfriend to say i'll be late home" He said and I stood confused "Yes i'm gay, I know your secretly judging me" He added but laughed.

"No i'm not you just don't look--" I said but go cut off.

"I don't look gay? But of course i am! I get that alot but anyway I wont be long" he said and walked over to a corner and started talking.

Minutes later he returned.

"Okay lets go" He sighed and we walked out. I followed him down the road into a 15 story carpark.

We walked right to the top of the building.

When we reached the top Cara was laying with one leg laying on the edge and one bent up. She was looking down at the busy traffic to below.

"Cara?" I spoke softly trying to not make her jump.

"Leave me alone" She cried.

"Come here. We're here" I spoke.

"Cara come here. Think about what your doing" Shay spoke.

"I don't need to think. The decision is made" She sighed and dangled her legs over the edge.

"NO!" I cried.

_________________________________

A/N

Looool clifford hangerrr.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOU READS AND COMMENTS ON MY SHITTY STORY MERRR.

PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING THEY MAKE ME HAPPY LOOL.

Follow my ig- t0xiclukefeels

Bye

VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

xo